Our client, one of the UK's largest Energy providers, has an exciting opportunity for a junior document controller to join their team based at their site in Barnwood, Gloucester.
The successful candidate will be placed on a 12 week on the job training plan with a view of becoming a trained document controller by the end with a pay review up to £13.75 per hour on completion.
The successful candidate will have an interest within this area and understand the importance of maintaining and being responsible for accurate company documentation. The role of the document controller includes -
- Controlling company and project documents either electronically or hard copies
- Understanding the importance of document control procedures
- Ensuring relevant documents are signed off and meet the required standards
- Producing reports to various stakeholders
- Conducting audits and reviews of documents
- Understand the importance of document control within projects and ensure documents are shared in accordance of project completions.
Once training has been completed the Document controller will be expected to carry out the following duties
- Provide a documentation support service
- Provide an auditable trail of incoming and outgoing documentation for projects assigned to the project group using the company procedures and systems (e.g.Passport), both manually and/or electronically.
- Application of document control processes and maintaining the flow of documents and important information.
- Provision of advice and information to ensure team members are compliant with the document management system, processes and procedures with respect to the control, storage and retrieval of information.
- Maintain issue and distribute controlled copies of information, keeping up to date records of all information and ensuring that it is available to the department.
- Logging of incoming and outgoing documents and producing and issuing document transmittals to provide an auditable trail for all documentation produced by the Project Group and third parties using the Company Procedures and Systems.
- Ensuring correct referencing of documents.
- Establishing and maintaining files and computerised indexes for active engineering documents. Generate electronic/hardcopy reports as needed by the Project or Management team.
- Maintain an established data distribution system.
- Uploading / downloading, copying and printing of incoming and outgoing project documents and drawings.
- Liaison with the Project Team and the Station Document Centre with respect to queries regarding issue of information and document storage.
- Check information on documents and drawings for conformance with status and format in accordance with procedures.
- Assisting Project Managers in maintaining a compliant and organised document filing structure in both hard copy and electronic format.
- Preparation of Project documentation at close out of projects and documentation for archive, in either hard copy or electronic format as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Visio and Outlook, and experience of using an Electronic Document Management System to maintain documents and records.
- Possess high standards of organisational skills, have the ability to prioritise workload, previous experience within a technical /engineering environment, able to work under pressure, a team player and self-motivated.
- A good understanding of electronic file types and the requirement for accurate document referencing. A good knowledge of filing systems and the aim of distribution matrices, engineering and design document control and vendor data.
- Experience of document management within a project environment
Please note; if successful you will be employed by Manpower working on a temporary ongoing basis with scope for extension. Our client are operation a Hybrid working model, therefore the need to be onsite a number of days a week is essential but there is scope to WFH. You will be expected to undertake a drugs and alcohol test as well as be security checked to BPSS and CTC Level.
Key Benefits working with Manpower:
- 36 days holiday accrual (pro-rata) including bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Access to client facilities onsite
- Access to Manpower's online training platform 'powerYOU', giving you access to hundreds of online training courses
- Opportunity to be selected for additional upskilling and career support through Manpower's MyPath programme
- Dedicated Manpower Account Specialist to provide support during your assignment
This role is managed by our Manpower on-site team and not related to the Bristol office - PLEASE DO NOT CALL BRISTOL OFFICE REGARDING THIS ROLE - if you have not heard from Manpower within 10 business days of submitting your application then unfortunately your application has not been shortlisted at this time.