Do you have a good understanding of IT infrastructure and solution, anti-virus software, intrusion detection and firewall and want an exciting new challenge in security with a fast-paced MSP? Then this is the role for you! We are looking for a problem-solving technical individual with good communication skills to join our ever-expanding security team.
This is a junior position, and you will be provided with regular training and updates as necessary for the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of Bridge Partners. A full training programme will be agreed with you, and it is a condition of your role that you adhere to this training programme.
About the Role
You will be expected to:
- Carry out information security plans and policies
- Support strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach
- Assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats
- Carry out awareness training on information security standards, policies and best practices
- Implement protections
- Conduct periodic network scans to find vulnerabilities
- Monitor networks and systems for security breaches
- Be required to work with the Security Team to create proposals with costed solutions for client security projects.
- Support the delivery of client IT security projects as defined by the Head of Security and the Strategic IT Partners Team
- Research products and solutions to achieve the project delivery objectives
- Keep documentation up to date relating to security including project tasks, information for end users, technical documentation, and support documents.
- Handover completed security projects to the Support and Service Desk teams to enable them to support the client in BAU when necessary
- Attend internal and client meetings relating to the projects you are working on
- Be required to work on multiple projects at any given time
What we need from you
- Achieve an agreed billable financial project target per month
- Complete weekly timesheets
- Provide regular status updates to the Head of Security / Account Manager and Client
- Help improve the ongoing security posture of Bridge Partners and its clients
- Meet weekly training targets
- Contribute towards the smooth running of the team
What we will offer you
- Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure and solutions
- Previous experience of working within an IT department
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to maintain professional behaviour despite working under pressure
- Ability to work to deadlines and on multiple projects, prioritising when necessary
- Ability to work under your own initiative but also able to work as part of a wider team
About Bridge Partners
- A friendly team with passion, ambition who thrive on teamwork, learning and development.
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the growth and development of the business.
- Profit share, BUPA health care and 5% contributory pension.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), increasing every 2 years you work with us.
- A wide variety of company socials.
Bridge Partners is an MSP based in Cambridge who support clients with outsourced IT around the UK and abroad. We provide bespoke onsite & remote support to exciting, high growth and ground-breaking SMEs in sectors including biotechnology, life sciences and finance. We focus on long-term relationships that stay true to our core values of Clarity, Partnership and Quality. The Company continues to grow, and we are actively looking for talented people to help us achieve our ambitious growth targets over the next 3 years.
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000
Job type: Full time, Permanent
You may have experience of the following: 2nd Line Support, Helpdesk Analyst, Second Line Support Technician, Systems Administrator, IT Support, Network Engineer, Technical Support, Network Administrator, Server Administration, Systems Analyst, Help Desk, Second Line Support, Graduate, Apprentice, Trainee, etc.
Ref: 132 521