Manpower are currently looking to recruit an NPD Technologist who will play a key role in our NPD Department. Assisting with the launch of an agreed programme of new products, which are safe, legal, of quality and integrity, to specification and are operationally efficient for one of our clients in the Grimsby area. This is a Full time Permanent role.
- Working within the framework of the NPD Strategy and in close liaison with Head of NPD, manage the critical path, from kitchen handover to post launch review, ensuring due diligence and taking into consideration timescales, company procedures, legislation and customer codes of practice.
- Process audits and troubleshooting.
- Develop new products and record all required information to generate accurate costings.
- Overall awareness of comparative products from all major retailers.
- Plan, organise and control resources i.e. own time, ingredients, packaging etc. to deliver concept samples to an agreed quality and timescale.
- Assist with monitoring and benchmarking of product quality of new and existing products.
- Sourcing new raw materials / identifying new suppliers / obtaining costs/specifications.
- Sample preparation / distribution to customers.
- Conduct NPD trials (including preparation and reporting).
- Organising nutritional analysis.
- Assist with the preparation and running of competitor benchmarking sessions.
- Complete specifications and sample submission forms.
- Reviewing and approving artwork.
- Keeping up to date with the latest food trends.
- Practical understanding of HACCP, GMP and hygiene.
- Basic understanding of Microbiology, Nutrition.
- Influential, with ability to manage colleagues to ensure plans are delivered.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to analyse results.
- Attention to detail.
- Good computer skills.
If you are interested please apply with your CV or call 01472 361616!