An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerry's, are currently seeking a Laboratory Operations Coordinator. This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months, 37.5 hour week, paying £28,373 per annum pro rata.
Unfortunately, we cannot consider candidates who have a notice period longer than 1 month to serve.
- Materials inventory management including data input of new materials, stock management and scientific data cleansing and data quality management.
- Experimental logistics support in laboratories where new systems of work are being trialled.
- Data input and management within databases including testing of new data systems related to laboratory operation.
- Planning and operational execution of program around setting up of new laboratory facilities including the 'lift & shift' of migration from previous to new facility.
- Support the design and implementation of new ways of working aligned to the use of shared laboratory spaces including building and delivering training packages on associated tools.
- Communication - including be able to present complex information using appropriate language and style.
- Team-working - including being able to establish and communicate objectives to team members and other stakeholders.
- Practical creativity - including being able to uses ideas from a range of sources to recommend new approaches to work.
- Planning and Organisation - including being able to set priorities to resolve conflicting demands to make the most efficient use of resource.
- Passion for quality and data management and a catalyst for change.
- Experienced/knowledge through formal academic qualification (A-level or higher in chemistry or related subject) or time worked in laboratory settings (at least 3 years).
- Data entry skills using standard packages such as Excel and/or MS Project, plus inventory management tools such as LIMS.
- Information Analysis - skills in data manipulation and visualisation to assist in program decision making.
- Ability to write technical documents - e.g. Standard Operating Procedures.
Knowledge of COSHH and Risk Assessments related to laboratory activities.