Virtual Sales Team have been introducing our clients to their next customers for 14 years, we have helped countless companies across many business sectors to grow and retain their customer base.
Based in Rushmills, Northampton what sets us apart from the competition is our professional and mature approach to lead generation, providing bespoke, boutique services to our clients is possible due to our unique recruitment model.
We actively recruit part time employees with varied and interesting business and life experience which enables our team to have natural and successful conversations with key stakeholders in all areas of business.
We actively encourage a work life balance for all of our employees and have many working parents as part of our team, we pride ourselves on the fact that none of our employees will ever miss that all important school performance or key events in their family lives.
1. Purpose of the Role
- To contribute to a complete wrap around sales and marketing service in order to assist our clients in identifying their next and most profitable customer base
- To qualify, based on a full brief of our client’s requirements, new business prospects for the purpose of marketing and selling on behalf of our clients.
- To engage with our client’s prospects for the purpose of introduction of our client’s product/services, with a view to growing our client’s customer base.
2. Core Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Clear and concise communication
- Skills & Knowledge (of client, product & prospect)
- Interpersonal Sensitivity
- Target Driven
- Influencing skills
- IT Literate
- Drive to Succeed/Tenacity
- Versatility to work across all business sectors and clients
- Attention to detail
3. Key Behaviours
- Demonstrate Teamwork
- Make Effective Decisions
- Be Accountable
- Motivate Those Around You
4. Key Responsibilities
- Identifying prospects through research, data building, planning and outreach
- Identify the key decision maker in the company with regard to the client’s product through use of digital services such as LinkedIn, search engine research, organisation mapping tools
- Accurately build data in to a secure spreadsheet or CRM system ensuring accuracy and completeness of the information provided
- Verify and test email addresses provided through email verification software and/or via a telephone call
- Research and build knowledge of the client’s business using various sources e.g. newspapers, internet etc
- Keep abreast of the latest breaking news so that a good rapport can be developed in conversations with business owners, decision makers, record relevant notes on the database in respect of these events in order to add value to the client’s data
- Proactively seek sector relevant business updates in order to make contact with prospects relevant and professional
- Make contact with prospect companies via email in a professional and articulate manor, at all times representing Virtual Sales team’s client’s brand in a professional way
- Receive and interpret data collected as a result of outreach marketing campaigns through social media, email or post in order to create a lead generation strategy/generate relevant pipeline.
- Manage web tracking software to prioritise and process web visitors as prospects where relevant Qualify leads and prospects to ensure they match client’s brief
- Ability to get through the gatekeeper of an organisation and speak to key business decision makers
- Develop and record a full understanding of the current business needs and match against the client’s value proposition
- Accurately record conversation in a secure CRM in order that the lead may be escalated to the next opportunity stage, used for marketing purposes or provide value to the client as the results of a marketing research project
- Professionally and succinctly complete market research surveys on behalf of the client.
- Accurately and fully record the results in a CRM
- Deal professionally and courteously with inbound enquiries from our client’s customers
- Making outbound business to business calls for the purpose of lead generation, appointment setting and sales order processing
- Ability to get through the gatekeeper and speak to the key business decision maker
- Develop a full understanding of the client’s products, services etc. so that this knowledge can be used to develop a successful sales pitch and strategy and used to optimum effect during the call
- During the conversation, matching the business decision makers need with the client’s value proposition
- Influencing the decision maker with regards to the client’s value proposition, in order to generate the desired outcome, booking an appointment, generating a lead, sales order processing e.t.c
- Having matched the need with the business decision maker, close the call effectively ensuring that there is an agreed way forward
- Through excellent customer service, use of knowledge and initiative, strengthen the likelihood of a successful outcome from the appointment set for the new business opportunity identified
- Provide excellent customer service thus ensuring that the client is satisfied
- Achieving targets on call quality and performance measures Wrap-up
- Accurate data entry so that client records are error free and fully complete to the requirements set by Virtual Sales Team’s clients.
- Recording the call notes accurately and updating internal and external next actions and data status in order to provide value and insights on the data to both the client and the internal management team
- Communicate with the Lead Generation executive to assist in the completion of the quality control process
5. Skills Required & Appropriate Training
- Confident Telephone Sales Technique
- High attention to detail
- A proven record of consistent performance
- Telephone sales techniques
- Systems and software training
- Excellent professional Communication skills both internally and externally
- Initiative e.g. trying different approaches to generate new business opportunities
- Interpersonal skills (picks up underlying feelings & adapts response accordingly)
- Influencing skills
- Social skills
- Ability to work on their own initiative and be self-motivated whilst taking instruction from others
- To always work with the company TEAM values in mind
- Personal resilience (keeping a positive outlook, contributing to business
- Able to inspire people and create energy in the room (and motivates others around them)
6. Knowledge & Experience Required
- Essential to have strong IT Skills
- Sales experience (not necessarily call centre specific)
- Life experience (character building)
- General business experience (so that there is empathy with the people you converse with)
- Knowledge of world news and events (to engage with people and build rapport)
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling I
If you feel that you would make a good fit for our team, apply with your CV today!