Learner Support Assistant (Term-time only)
Learner Support Assistant
: Graves (Leisure United), Bochum Parkway, Sheffield, S8 8JR
: 37.5 hours per week, Term-time only
: Learning Services Manager
: £18,227 FTE (Pro-rated to term-time only)
: Access Creative College also offers competitive remuneration and other job benefits dependent on role such as: Enhanced holiday / annual leave Enhanced maternity / paternity / adoption pay Sabbatical leave Employee Assistance Programme Employee Recognition Awards Teacher training which is transferable throughout the FE Sector
Applications to reach us by 13th July 2022. Please note that interviews may take place prior to the closing date.
Access Creative College is a national FE and HE training provider delivering courses in Music, Games, Digital Media, Events and Sports across multiple UK locations. Our Sports division under the Coaching Connexions brand pride themselves on providing our students with as many opportunities and exit routes as possible. This is achieved by continuously adjusting are tailoring our study programme to ensure we have the best blend of work experience, industry qualifications and enrichment activities. At Coaching Connexions our students have been able to gain employment at premier league academies, coach overseas and access direct links to the sports industry.
Do you have the skills, drive and enthusiasm to make a difference?
Would you like a new challenge?
Do you want to work for a college with over 25 years of teaching and learning experience within a friendly and professional team of specialist, creative teachers?
If your answer is yes, then read the following information:
The role requires an individual who has well developed organisational, communication and team working skills. They must also be able to meet targets and deadlines.
Learning Support Assistants are responsible to the Senior ALS Tutor and the Learner Support Manager. They provide high-quality support to students with learning difficulties and disabilities within the Additional Learning Support Team. Team working and communications within an overall approach that values people will be of key importance.
The interview will consist of an assessment task, more information will be given to the candidate if shortlisted.
The main duties of this post are:
What we can offer you:
- To support students and assist teaching staff in the conduct of teaching and learning activities
- To contribute to the assessment and accurate recording of students’ progress, skills and individual learning in the required format
- To provide learning support to help students develop language, numeracy, IT, organisational skills and confidence
- To keep written records as requested and required for audit purposes e.g. weekly progress logs and pastoral logs.
The ideal candidate will have...
- You will be working within a friendly and professional team who are specialist experts
- A competitive pension scheme
- Offers extensive support to new staff including:
- Regular support and coaching throughout your first year
- A Mentor who will help you settle into the College
- A thorough Induction programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Qualified to at least Level 3.
- Hold a minimum of Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics.
- Experience of working with learners with mental health issues.
- Hold a Coaching / Mentoring /Teaching or Youth Work qualification.
- Hold a Safeguarding certificate at a minimum of Level 2
- Hold a Mental Health First Aid qualification
- Hold a qualification in supporting learners with Autism
For further information on this role, please download the Job Description.
Only applicants through our Hireful portal will be accepted. To apply for the role please log onto the Hireful link.
Please note: If you require any assistance with the completion of your application please contact our People Services Team.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only applicants being actively considered for this job opening will be contacted for further discussions. We encourage you to visit our website for new job openings.
To apply please have an up to date version of your CV ready and fill in our online application form.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.
Ref: 133 794