This is a truly exciting and unprecedented opportunity to help develop a public sector organisation in its formation, through its L&D & training function.
We are specifically looking for someone who has a strong background in planning and developing training materials, delivering training to large groups and experience of training needs analysis.
The organisation has been on a journey as part of a larger Public Sector body and is now looking to appoint teams of upbeat, energetic and driven individuals who want to contribute to the success of the organisation against its vision, mission & values.
- Develops and maintains effective and proactive communication with all staff, education leads, managers and learners in order to ensure effective provision of training and learning opportunities. Liaises with learning and development subject experts or leads (internal and external) to support the content design and delivery including statutory and mandatory programmes and management development programmes.
- Working in partnership with subject experts to collaborate on design of flexible and innovative delivery solutions tailored for delivery within departments including the use of e-learning and technology
- Work closely with managers and staff across the organisation to promote and ensure uptake of mandatory and statutory training and e-learning
- Work directly with departments to deliver their specific needs in relation to mandatory and statutory training and professional development
- Provide advice and guidance in line with the organisational and appropriate external directives to inform managers and learners in relation to their training requirements.
- Facilitate and educate staff using a variety of appropriate teaching techniques, including presentations using powerpoint in meeting rooms and virtual settings, technology, facilitation of group working and using a range of assessments methodologies
- Uses a high level of communication skills such as rapport, influencing, motivation and assertiveness to manage learners in a classroom environment when delivering information to avoid barriers of understanding
- Ensures accurate complex reports / compliance data is completed and communicated to the appropriate groups
- Be aware of issues discussed at National and All Wales forums relating to Core Skills Training Framework and e-learning
You must be upbeat, energetic, eager to learn and display creativity in your thinking. This is a digitally led organisation and although in its infancy, has bold aims in line with its mission. To achieve these aims, the successful candidate must share this passion.
- L&D or training experience
- Experience of managing projects
- Experience of computer systems to an advanced level
- Able to work across multiple locations - own transport preferred
Please contact Rachel Cherry for further information in our Cardiff office.