Learning & Development Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Learning & Development Officer, who is passionate about developing others to thrive and be purposeful and happy in their roles. We are looking for someone who is motivated, friendly and disciplined to work autonomously but equally be collaborative in delivering objectives.
The key purpose of this role is to design and deliver learning and development solutions to ensure that the business has engaged, motivated employees that are equipped with the skills and behaviours required to meet business objectives.
Learning & Development Officer Responsibilities:
Learning & Development Officer Requirements:
- Develop and deliver leadership and cultural programmes and material aligned with the learning & development strategy and the principles of LTBW e.g. ILM programmes, coaching, virtual learning, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Develop and deliver an engaging and brand compliant ‘e’ learning programme.
- Ensure relevant candidates are assessed, supported and coached in line with any external body requirements including internal verification.
- Keep up to date with legislation and marketplace trends that affect L&D activity.
- Support the coordination and delivery of company engagement surveys and the subsequent action planning for continual improvement.
- Provide support in the design, planning, delivery and analysis of PDR processes.
What's in it for you?
- Five GCSE A-C (English & Maths)
- Three A-levels A-C - Desirable
- CIPD and/or training/education qualification or Honour’s degree in Business, Management, HR, Psychology - Desirable
- Full driving licence
- Competence in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel and Access desirable
- Capable of building working relationships and networks with people from a range of backgrounds and cultures
About A.F.Blakemore & Son:
- Develop your skills and capability in a highly supportive and multi-diverse culture.
- Gain hands-on experience in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Excellent benefits package
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned company in the UK. This forward-thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR Stores and employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover in excess of £1 billion. As one of the largest convenience retailers in the UK, we are always looking for innovative ways to create a point of difference.
Hybrid working - Home / office based out of Tipton (West Midlands)
Full Time, 40 per week. Flexible – to fit around needs of successful candidate.
circa £30k per annum, depending on experience
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date for applications:
9th August, 2021
You may have experience of the following: Learning and Development Officer, Learning and Development Co-ordinator, Training Specialist, Learning Management System, Learning Management, Training, Learning and Development, Training Plan, L&D, Training Officer, Process Improvement, Learning and Development Consultant, etc.
Ref: 100 908