We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, experienced Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant with a relevant childcare qualification (minimum level 3), experience of working with children aged 4-7 years and an ability to demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of EYFS and Key Stage 1.
With a positive and flexible disposition and nurturing approach to supporting children’s learning across the curriculum, the successful candidate will be child focused with a clear understanding of their safeguarding responsibilities. The ability to communicate effectively with both children and colleagues and work under instruction as well as independently is essential and will be assessed during interview.
Learning Support Assistant Responsibilities:
Learning Support Assistant Requirements:
- Work closely and under the direction of the Class Teacher, to support with the delivery of high standard education provision.
- Supervise children at various times throughout the day
- Work with small groups and individual children as directed by the Class Teacher
- To support pupils during co-curricular activities and accompanying school trips, including supporting pupil residential visits if required.
- To support in the provision of wrap around care supporting breakfast club, afterschool care and holiday club provisions as directed.
- A minimum of a level 2 childcare related qualification.
- GCSE or equivalent English and Mathematics Grade C or above.
- Experience of delivering evidence based interventions, and personalised learning.
- Experience of tracking and monitoring children’s progress.
- Experience of working with children in the 4-7 age range.
- Knowledge and understanding of the EYFS and Key Stage 1 Curriculum.
- A good knowledge of child development and learning processes including barriers to learning.
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements of legislation concerning Safeguarding, Child Protection, Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety and inclusion.
- Ability to supervise pupils under the direction of staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain good professional relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- To demonstrate excellent effective verbal and written communication skills.
- To be competent in the use of ICT.
In return we offer:
- Completion of (or be working towards) a recognised Level 3 or above Childcare qualification.
- Current paediatric First Aid Certificate.
- Food Handling & Hygiene training with the last 2 years.
- Evidence of recent safeguarding and child protection training.
- Experience of working with children with dyslexia, autism, or speech, language and communication needs.
- Experience of designing individual learning programmes.
- Experience of the identification and assessment of individual needs.
- Some knowledge and understanding of the Key Stage 2 Curriculum.
- Some knowledge of SEND provision.
- A good knowledge of ICT in learning activities and specific programmes to support learning.
- Ability to deliver evidence based intervention programmes.
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities.
- Salary sacrifice group pension scheme
- Life insurance (death in service) benefit (4 x annual salary)
- Free parking
- Free lunch options for all staff (including school lunch during term time)
- Generous Fee Discount for staff children
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle to Work and Tech Scheme available
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to work additional hours may be available
Hallfield school is a select-entry independent school in Edgbaston, Birmingham, educating children from the age of three months to thirteen years.
We have a superb academic track record and a focus on supporting our pupils to become confident, well-rounded individuals equipped in every way to succeed. Each of our pupils matters to us as individuals.
Safeguarding & Child Protection:
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to satisfactory references which are requested prior to an interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
Full Time, 40 hours per week, worked between 07:30am and 6:00pm. This position is term time plus 6 weeks.
£18,822 - £20,984 per annum dependent upon qualifications, experience and skills.
You may have experience of the following: Learning Support Assistant, Learning Support, Teaching Assistant, Youth Worker, TA, Mentor, Childcare, Tutor, Teacher, LSA, Teaching, etc.
Ref: 132 816