An opportunity has arisen for a Keyworker within our Scarborough Team who will be responsible for working with Lone Parents and Family Carers to support them into education, training and/or employment.Lone Parent Keyworker Responsibilities:
Lone Parent Keyworker Requirements:
- Act as a mentor/coach to individuals who fall within the CLLD project eligibility criteria
- Work in the Bridlington area for 3 days per week minimum
- Analyse need and develop individual programmes
- Advocate and refer to help overcome barriers to moving forward
- Organise opportunities for training, education and support to gain employment.
- Liaise, advocate and support customers finding and maintaining work experience placements/volunteer placements
- Ensure all the KPI’s for the project are met within the time scales
- Report to the Employment and Skills Manager as directed in a timely and relevant manner
- Ensure there are good relationships with the other project providers and develop a catalogue of referral agencies for customer support as necessary
- Maintain and update management information systems, recording of data and financial information
- Experience working as a mentor/coach
- Experience working with unemployed customers
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the needs of the Bridlington area
- Working with employers/training and learning providers and other support organisations as appropriate.
- You must have a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent qualification
All positions are subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exemptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for an Enhanced Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions, cautions, warnings and reprimands.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.About us:
The Opportunity Centre, part of the Aspire-Igen group, is committed to helping individuals, organisations and communities succeed through learning and work. We have a strong track record of successfully delivering government funded initiatives and contracts including ESF contracts and Study Programmes. We are also a provider of advice and support services to young people and adults in the Yorkshire and Humber area.
The Opportunity Centre is an equal opportunities employer. We wish to encourage the recruitment of staff from under-represented groups to apply for the advertised positions. The Opportunity Centre will seek to recruit the best candidate for the job based on merit. The recruitment and selection process will ensure the identification of the person best suited to the job and The Opportunity Centre.Location
: Based in Scarborough but delivering in BridlingtonContract Type:
Fixed-term for 12 monthsHours
: Part Time, 30hrs per weekSalary
: £22,000 - £23,500 per annum pro rata, plus competitive benefits. (Actual salary £17,837.84 - £19,054.05. Starting salary will depend on qualifications and experience)
You may have experience of the following: Keyworker, Information, Advice & Guidance, IAG, Careers Education .CEIAG Advocacy, Support, Careers Advice, Employability, Employability Guidance, Careers Advisor, Key Worker, Employment Key Worker, Careers Support, Advocacy Support, Training, Teaching, Job Brokering, Youth Work, etc.
Ref: 103 543