Our client is looking for a Maker Operator to join their Abrasive Coating Department in Atherstone.
Hours - 50 - 60 per week
Current shift Pattern - 4 x 12.5 hours, 3-week rotating pattern. 6am-6.30pm, 6pm-6.30am.
Shift pattern is subject to change as area utilisation changes.
The Atherstone plant is part of a multi-site international group. The Manufacturing process is complex using high-value capital equipment and it involves a mix of mechanical, electrical and process engineering technologies.
The site works on a continuous three shift working pattern and there is a high emphasis placed upon equipment availability and adherence to world class standards of operation and maintenance. The successful candidates will support the Production Maker Department by operating equipment that is a vital contribution to the business success.
Key Job Responsibilities
START OF SHIFT
- Attend and contribute to Area Tier 1 (cell brief)
- Ensure the safety checks are complete
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment start-up and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
- Activate orders at the start of the shift
- Equipment optimisation on start up
- Operate / monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
- Communicate proactively with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
- Work fully in accordance with all local area and plant safety rules including correct PPE / RPE etc. as required across all areas of the site and as required when performing specific duties
- Maintain a safe and clean workspace
BREAKDOWNS & OPERATOR MAINTENANCE
- Resolve issues as they arise using knowledge and tools; coordinate maintenance engineer if required.
- Take part in problem solving breakdown events
END OF SHIFT
- Complete end of shift activities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, follow standard work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Work fully in accordance with all local area and plant safety rules, risk assessments and HazCards including correct PPE / RPE etc. as required when performing duties
- Communicate proactively with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels
- Participate in improvement or problem-solving teams as allocated by shift leader
- Communicate the results of assigned tasks through work order and shift hand over reporting.
- Ability to work 8 or 12 hours shifts on various patterns as required within the area including weekends.
Knowledge and Skills
The applicant will have the following Essential Skills
- Good basic understanding of PC software and able to interpret, record and report information accurately
- Previous experience as a Machine Operator preferable
- Good knowledge of a production environment
- Ability to follow process and product standards and technical instructions to allow for product and process experimentation including noting results where required
- Must be able to liaise with support teams to help problem solve product, process and machine issues.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess good physical stamina, ability to climb ladders / gantries and work at height
- Ability to work with chemicals, good levels of hygiene
- Able to multitask as required
- Good time keeping and ability to be flexible and work shifts including weekends where required
- Perform other related job duties as assigned by supervision
The following skills are Desirable
- A working knowledge of SAP
- There are no specific qualifications
- Candidates may be required to complete a variety of assessments relevant to the job requirements.
- Interview - Atherstone; interviews to be held in the two weeks after closing date for applications, candidates should aim to be available for these dates.