Phillips & Cohen Associates, Ltd., the global leader in estate account management with operations in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand, seeks a qualified Management Accountant.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing, and maintaining department budgets and generating cost reports. The successful candidate will also collect pertinent information for third party audits, contribute to financial reporting and operations and will be the first point of contact for accounting issues. The successful will work across the group of companies, basing themselves at one of our local offices, such as Exchange Quay, Manchester, UK. There are opportunities for hybrid working.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Posting of daily transactions into Oracle NetSuite, including Bank reconciliations, AP and AR.
- Prepare GAAP monthly financial statements, management reports and provide business analysis, including transaction data entry, account reconciliation, general ledger write-up and journal entry preparation as required.
- Verify, allocate, and post details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents.
- Summarise transaction details and post data to general ledger.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Maintain and update fixed asset records
- Perform monthly closing in required time frame
- Work as an effective team member to complete project components and assignment tasks.
- Meeting the goals and objectives as set out by Management
What’s in it for you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required (ACCA, CIMA or ACA finalist)
- 2+ years of experience working as an accountant
- Working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the financial industry.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed oriented, able to multi-task
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, as well as financial statement software (Oracle NetSuite preferred)
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do’ approach
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Luxurious office environment in a superb location
- 31 days holidays per year including 8 bank holidays
- Reserved secure car parking spaces available
- Comprehensive benefits and discounts package
- Healthcare Scheme*
- Company pension plan
- Life Assurance*
- Cycle2work scheme*
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme*
- Hybrid working scheme
*Subject to qualifying period.
*Key attributes; Commitment; Compliance; Compassion; Innovation.
About Phillips & Cohen Associates Ltd
PCA provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of our jobs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We look after the personal information you provide to us, if you would like to know more about how we use your data you can read our ‘Privacy Notice & Cifas Fair Processing Notice for Candidates’ which is available at the Phillips – Cohen website
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000pa
You may also have experience in the following: Accountant, Management Accountant, Finance Manager, Corporate Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Financial Controller, Financial Analyst, Senior Accountant, etc.
Ref 134 766