You will be joining a team of Manufacturing Technicians in a busy manufacturing environment using state of the art CNC machines and equipment to produce critical high precision components. These components are then assembled by our global build plants into a wide range of Mass spectrometry instruments.
You will be required to work on a rotating weekly shift pattern as follows: Early Shift (Mon-Thur 06.00hrs to 14.00hrs, Friday 06.00hrs to 13.00hrs) Late Shift (Mon-Thur 13.45 hrs to 21.45, Friday 12:45 to 19:45hrs)
- Manufacture, inspect and certify components to defined specification
- Set and operate equipment used in the manufacture of the company’s defined products, with an eye for detail and a "Right First Time" quality mentality
- Monitor tool life and aid in developing process control by utilising pre-control & statistical process control techniques
- Ensure accurate booking of production orders within SAP
- In conjunction with the shift supervisors adopt lean manufacturing and continuous improvement opportunities to optimise productivity
- Working with the Engineering team, optimise machine cycle times, tool life and machine ‘up’ time with TPM
- Assist in the development and operation of manufacture to cost
- Apprentice trained, HND, HNC in an Engineering discipline or equivalent proven experience.
- Experience in operating appropriate sliding head turning CNC machines with the ability to finesse the cutting process as required, advantageous.
- Experience of working in a lean manufacturing, production facility, advantageous
- Experienced in programming CNC machines preferred
- Highly numerate team player with the ability to work to high standards and exacting targets
- Ability to manufacture and inspect to engineering drawings with a detailed knowledge of G,D&T
- Operation of optical and tactile CMM equipment advantageous.
- Capable of multi-tasking and with high levels of attention to detail for both manufacture and documentation