Job title: Material Controller
Duration: Maternity cover required, for a 11-12-month period
Start date: March 2022
Pay: £25k to £30k dependant on experience
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week
Our client is currently looking for a Material Controller to join their team based in Stowmarket.
They are leading global paints and Coatings Company and a major producer of speciality chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. They operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods.
Duties and responsibilities to include: -
- Responsible for bulk ordering of raw materials for production based on demand.
- Responsible for raising P.O's for orders.
- Responsible for month end closing of invoices, P.O's etc with suppliers.
- Chase up suppliers for late deliveries.
- Raise QN's against suppliers when necessary.
- Notify production of any upcoming issues.
- Attend daily Tier meetings.
Experience and requirements: -
- Must be computer literate.
- SAP experience preferred, but not essential.
- Microsoft Office proficient, especially Excel.
- Good telephone manner.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Some home working may be possible once fully trained.
Please note successful candidates will have DBS checks processed.
The successful candidate must be pro-active nature and be willing to learning quickly while maintaining a hands-on approach.
If this sounds like you and you have the relevant experience to match, please apply below.