We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Lecturer to manage our GCSE Maths and Functional skills provision. With a recognised teaching qualification you will be inspirational in your teaching methods and demonstrate the ability to meet our learners needs by helping them achieve their full potential.
: Middleton Leisure Centre, Ring Rd, Middleton, Leeds LS10 4AX
: Part Time, Permanent. 11 hours per week
: £19,793- £24,157 per annum (pro rata, subject to experience and qualifications)
: Access Creative College also offers competitive remuneration and other job benefits dependent on role such as: Enhanced holiday / annual leave Enhanced maternity / paternity / adoption pay Sabbatical leave Employee Assistance Programme Employee Recognition Awards Teacher training which is transferable throughout the FE Sector
Closing date: Applications to reach us by 13th July 2022. Please note that interviews may commence before the closing date.
About the role:
- Ability to manage and deliver GCSE and Functional Skills Maths course
- Deliver well organised lessons consistently across varied abilities by using a range of teaching strategies and resources
- Organise examination/assessment related administration and verification of coursework assessments
- Monitor and advise on the progress and achievement of Learners on the course
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback and assessment to learners
- Identify and plan support for 'at risk' Learners and extend opportunities for those who are more able
- Be familiar with Safeguarding Children and Young People requirements
- Hold an appropriate teacher training qualification i.e. DET, PGCE, Cert Ed, BEd., DTLLS (Level 4)
- Hold a relevant degree or relevant professional qualification at level 3 or above
- Experience in teaching Maths at GCSE and Functional Skills
You may have experience of the following: GCSE Maths, Functional Skills, Maths Teacher, Maths Tutor, Maths Lecturer, Course Manager, Course Leader, Teach, Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Course Design, Education, Mentor, Tutor, Teaching, GCSE, Functional Skills, Maths, etc
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.
Ref: 133 792