Mechanical Engineer (Oil & Gas)
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for assisting in providing innovative and cost-effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products. The Mechanical Engineer also assists in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion.
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply relevant usability procedures and principles.
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab simulations. Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
- Produce analyses and mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
- Create and maintain product documentation. Provide support to field and customers through InTouch. Provide user training as required.
- Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. With seniority, mentor junior engineers.
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations. Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Expand informal network throughout the organization.
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily to develop innovative and low-cost products.
- Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business.
- Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
What they are looking for:
- Key focus of the Area is Downhole Tools
- Experience with CAD Packages
- Solidworks / AutoDesk / CATIA
- For CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) & FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- You will need to be able to do Base Calculations / Complex Assembly / Understanding of Drawings
- Minimum 5 years' experience