Member Engagement Manager
12-month FTC, Job share Wednesday – Friday, Edinburgh
Salary: c£35,000 (depending on experience)
Who we are:
ICAS is a global professional body for Chartered Accountants, we educate, examine and lead, enabling excellence whilst always working for the wider public good. Formed by the Royal Charter in 1854, we have trained a lot of Chartered Accountants since then, and in any given year thousands of students are working with us to achieve the ‘chartered’ goal. We have a membership of 23,000 qualified CA’s, a qualification that has shaped an international business community spanning industries and continents.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Member Engagement Manager to join the team at ICAS. The Member Engagement Manager will report to the Senior Manager, Member Engagement and will be responsible for the delivery of the ICAS member engagement strategy to support our growth objectives. The overall aim is to grow satisfaction, visibility, and engagement with existing ICAS members.
This role has specific responsibility for overseeing and supporting the Local Area Networks both in the UK and internationally.
The Member Engagement Manager is accountable for shaping and delivering the framework for Area Networks, creating, and executing a contact strategy and delivering an international events program.
Who do we need?
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and professional individual, who thrives in a dynamic team environment. Ideally, you will hold the following personal and professional attributes:
- Ability to work independently and to use initiative, while being a committed team player.
- Resilient with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Good time management and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines within a challenging environment.
- Excellent attention to detail with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly experienced in client and stakeholder relationship management.
- Persuasive communicator with excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills – preparing and delivering engaging presentations.
- Expert in project management with the ability to manage end to end delivery of multiple projects to a very high standard and to demanding deadlines.
- Ensure consistency in approach across all ICAS Area Networks to maximise advocacy and delivery for all members involved.
- Key contact for all Area Network Chairs and Network members
- Works with the Area Network Chairs to ensure that the right CA talent is recruited and retained to participate in the Area Networks, with a view to identifying future ICAS Council members.
- Embraces the development of a continuous improvement culture to ensure a step-change in our engagement programme, where we strive to “surprise & delight” members. Create a mechanism to ensure that best practice is shared across Area Networks.
- Manages the planning and budget allocation for international events, with a clear rationale for spend vs return on investment. Delivers a framework of events with a view to increasing member engagement. Ensures post-event tracking is in place to assess key measures of success for each event.
- Supports the coordination of Presidential, CEO, and other Executive visits maximising opportunities to meet members.
- Supports the Director and Senior Manager, Member Engagement to drive engagement through the London Area Network, responding to the specific needs of London-based members.
- Works closely with the Content & Comms team to drive uptake in digital content amongst Area Networks and stimulate user-generated content.
- Works closely with the Director of Member Engagement to develop a robust set of performance metrics for engagement, demonstrating return on investment.
- The role may require travel within the UK and possibly internationally, with occasional unsociable hours.
ICAS places equality, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of all that we do. With our partner organisations, we are committed to building a diverse membership and workforce that is beneficial for all, and that enables our communities to learn, grow and advance together.
IMAGINE. BELIEVE. ACHIEVE
Please send your CV and covering letter
We very much look forward to hearing from you.