Manpower UK are recruiting on behalf of our client who provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an 24/7 service to their customers.
As the Multi-skilled Operative you will undertake duties associated with that of an Operative / Technician, In addition, the post holder will undertake duties associated with that of all operations, from Emergency Response Operations and planned industrial services works, this entails a variety of services from high pressure water jetting, clean-up of spills, ground works, remedial works, civil works, tank works and confined space works this will entail anything of an emergency response nature, in a variety of environments, amongst various other services offered from the depot.
The Multi skilled Operator is required to operate any Company vehicles / equipment for which they are suitably qualified to undertake, and adhere to all HSE requirements as per our clients guidelines.
The hours of work associated with this role are Monday - Friday 8am-5pm. In addition, there will be a requirement to satisfy overtime requirements which may include weekends, evenings and taking part in a call out rota. The post will require a degree of flexibility around hours, and in addition the post holder may be required to work away from home at short notice and stay away when required.
Key tasks and responsibilities associated with this role are;
* Operating Company vehicles which you are suitably qualified to operate.
* Responsibility for ensuring all vehicle checks is undertaken prior to commencing any works. It iis your responsibility for ensuring all required equipment is located and stored on the allocated vehicle for the pursuance of works.
* Reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified.
* To clean up, in an efficient, safe, and professional manner, any spill / fly tip as required.
* Assist in the delivery of industrial services, CFS, Civils, ground works, construction, and remediation projects * Participate in the on call rota
* Ensure all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
* Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment. This includes ensuring all equipment is fit for purpose and used in the correct manner.
* Works to be carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation. The post holder is required to use knowledge and experience to contribute to the pursuance of works and meet customer demand and satisfy works.
* Responsibility for cleaning all plant and equipment post job. identifying repair work required. This includes ensuring the depot, yard area and office facility is clean and tidy.
* Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
* Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
* Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements or possible opportunities.
* Any other duties as designated by management for which the post holder is suitably trained and capable of doing. Role Requirements:
* The successful candidate must possess knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation.
* Previous experience of operating in a similar role / environment would be highly advantageous.
* A willingness to work in an environment of change, dealing with emergency works is essential.
* Due to the nature of the role and the response duties, a flexible approach to working hours, travel and working days is required.
* Full UK driving licence
* Confined space trained is essential (training can be provided)
* Willingness to undertake additional training as required to meet the needs of the depot.
Ideal but not essential: HGV 1 & 2 with appropriate CPC & ADR, Trailer licence is advantageous, All kinds of plant licences are advantageous, Professional, approachable, 'can-do' attitude
Should you feel you have the relevant skills to fulfil this opportunity, please forward your CV in the first instance.