An exciting opportunity has arisen for multiple Senior Pensions Administrators to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead.
This is a full-time temporary role to last until the end of June 2022, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £41,000, pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
This role is a great opportunity to gain experience working in a large and complex pension fund. The role is challenging and varied, and will give you further administration experience, as well as an insight into service delivery.
UL UK Pensions (UUKP) administers the UL UK Pension Fund (UUKPF) on behalf of the Trustees and the Company, together with the smaller UNIAC Pension Fund. Day to day administration is outsourced to a specialist third party administrator, with some specialist administration provided in-house by UUKP. UUKP also manages external advisers for the Trustees, and itself provides specialist pensions services to the Trustees and the Company.
The specialist pension services provided by UUKP include:
- The provision of the full range of communications for all plan members;
- Technical services, provided through a team which include the secretarial function for the Trustees.
The Service Delivery Team:
- Manages the relationships between the pension Fund's and Company's outsourced third-party suppliers;
- Supports the UK HR community with queries and issues; and
- Provides administration services to senior executives in the UK.
The main focus of the role is on administration of the pension arrangements for senior executives in the UK business. This will include:
- Administration of pension fund members, including pro-active monitoring against annual allowance and lifetime allowance.
- Production of correspondence to members including e mail contact.
- Administration of UK International Assignees.
- Assisting in the preparation of membership statistics (for Trustee reporting).
- Assisting in the maintenance of the UK Pensions Administration manual.
- Assisting in management of DC contributions with Fidelity and disinvesting monthly adjustments and dealing with Pension Finance queries
- Discussing retirement options with members
- On some occasions, visiting other sites to assist in presentations regarding the Pension Fund and meeting members to discuss individual retirement options.
- Preparing quarterly contribution schedules to collect contributions due from overseas countries in respect of International Assignees
A function of the role is to ensure smooth service delivery to members and other stakeholders from the Fund's outsourced service providers. This includes:
- Managing and monitoring information flows between service providers, with mediation between providers where necessary.
- Proactively owning member queries and resolving issues between service providers.
- Managing individual member change processes with service providers to ensure that the change is implemented successfully and delivering expected results.
A key function of the role is to provide pensions information and support to members on request. This includes:
- Drafting and delivering presentations and training and member counselling as required at UK sites
- For restructuring programmes at UK sites, managing third parties and the flow of information to ensure a smooth member journey
- Previous experience in a senior pensions administrator role with preferably some experience of service delivery and projects delivery.
- Detailed knowledge of UK pensions legislation and best practice - including in-depth knowledge of the annual allowance and lifetime allowance.
- Experience of, or ability to understand, complex benefit structures.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to a wide variety of stakeholders using different channels as appropriate.
- Ability to manage a large and varied work load, prioritising appropriately.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- An attention to detail is very important.
- The ability to confidently use IT systems, particularly Microsoft Office tools.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and deliver effectively and on time.
- Strong communication skills.
- Preferably qualified to Degree level.