Music Production Lecturer
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic Lecturer to deliver Music Production within our school of music. Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries.
Now in our 29th academic year and serving more than 2000 learners across our seven UK-based Centres over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We’ve been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora, and JP Cooper’s journey to stardom. For the past four years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers, photographers, and digital media creatives.
Position: Music Production Lecturer
Location: Access Creative College Bristol, BS1 2lZ
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 32 hours per week
Salary: £19,500 to £23,800 per annum, pro-rata (subject to experience and qualifications)
Applications to reach us by 12th August 2021. Please note that interviews may take place before the closing date.
About the role:
Working with the centre team; Course Leader and Pathway Manager for Music, you will take responsibility for the development and delivery of our provision, from coordinating resources and managing student activities to developing industry links and course marketing, working at the core of the student experience. You will work amongst experienced, passionate tutors as well as within a support service provided by our Central Team. Though the role is for Music Production primarily, it would be advantageous if you have knowledge of live sound and events.
Our prime focus is to nurture talent, desire, and determination. We’re looking for someone who is passionate enough to want to share their knowledge and experience with active and hungry young minds.
If you have experience in Music Production and Live Sound, and would relish the opportunity to develop and lead a unique and engaging curriculum and have the expertise outlined below then we are keen to meet with you.
Industry-specific experience, skills and knowledge required:
What can we do for you?
- Experience of working in the Music Production, Live Sound and Events industry
- Current and relevant industry/sector knowledge
- Awareness of practices and workflow in the industry
- Extensive knowledge of Music production i.e. sound engineering theory and practice, Studio Recording, keyboard with a DAW, Composition Skills, and post-production work
- Experience of lighting in a creative setting (Theatre, festivals) i.e. lighting design software, rigging lights, lighting desks
- A commitment to providing an outstanding and inspirational service to staff and students
- A commitment to the organisation’s values, with a particular focus on student success (through excellence in teaching & learning)
- For unqualified teaching applicants, we can offer you financial and social support to complete a teacher training course that is transferable throughout the Further Education sector.
- We can build your career through our progression channels, whether growing as a teacher and becoming a leader or moving into one of our industry-focused departments, e.g. Partnerships, Employability or Enrichment.
- We can give you the flexibility to continue with your passion outside of work if you wish to do so.
- With Access Creative College you’ll be working daily with other extremely talented tutors providing you with opportunities to collaborate and make new connections.
If you are passionate about creativity, with experience in the Music Production and Live Sound industry, and would relish the opportunity to develop and lead a unique and engaging curriculum, then we are keen to meet you.
You may have experience of the following: Music Technology Lecturer, Music Production Lecturer, Events Lecturer, Music Technology Tutor, Music Production Tutor, Events Tutor, Lighting Tutor, Tutor, Lecturer, Music Production Teacher, Teacher, Events, Music Technology, Music Production, Course Manager, Course Design, Education, Mentor, Teaching, Events Industry, Music Technology Industry, Music Technology Course, etc.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women
Why work for us
Access Creative College is a national FE and HE training provider delivering courses in Music, Games, Digital Media and Events across our seven UK locations. Now in our 29th academic year and serving more than 2000 learners over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We've been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora and JP Cooper's journey to stardom. For the past four years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers, photographers and digital and media creatives. So, whether you are a recent graduate or a practitioner currently working in the sector and see teaching as your next career move, we'd love to meet you.