The Veterinary Defence Society are offering a great opportunity to join our Claims and Membership Operational Team on a one- year Fixed Term Contract as an Operational Administrator. This role would suit someone looking for a sandwich/course placement or looking for an opportunity to earn money and gain experience during a gap year. The role will start from June/July 2022 and run for 1 year FTC.
You would report into the Operations Manager and act as the first point of contact for VDS members seeking Claims Advice, or support during the lifecycle of a claim, new business enquiries, mid-term adjustments, renewals and support on any policy related activity.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience learning about financial services, customer service (including communicating professionally with veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses and practices). You will also be interacting and learning from our other departments such as Finance, IT, our veterinary Claims team and the Underwriting group.Operations Administrator Responsibilities:
Operations Administrator Requirements:
- Creating and maintaining cases on key IT systems, to follow the latest credit control process, and to use a variety of sources, including Sales ledger, Tableau, and Sage to minimise levels of outstanding debt, whilst remaining sensitive to any difficulties faced by VDS members in paying their premium
- Identifying, reporting, and where appropriate taking action to improve or change processes which restrict the team’s ability to deliver the best possible service to members
- Delivering the best possible service to veterinary Large Employer Groups by providing clear invoicing, personnel information, and response to queries in a timely manner
- Identifying, reporting, and where appropriate taking action to mitigate any risks to the Operations team, or the VDS as a whole
- Liaising with our accounts department in relation to claims payments
- Sharing knowledge of key tasks and activities with other members of the Operations and Change team to support a flexible resourcing model
- Demonstrating willingness to take on any task required to deliver the best possible service to members
- Ensuring that all complaints and positive feedback received from members are recorded promptly and accurately, with appropriate actions taken, in order that VDS can fulfil its obligations of reporting such events to the regulatory authorities
- Contributing to the successful delivery of VDS internal projects by participating in requirements gathering, testing, training, and implementation activities
- Collating post, e-mails and faxes with paper and electronic files and ensuring correspondence is scanned on to the appropriate member record using the Society’s IT network
- Maintaining the department’s filing system by ensuring that all relevant correspondence is filed appropriately
- Possess excellent organisation skills and a good attention to detail
- Have solid, well-developed IT skills
- Have an ability to remain calm under pressure and be a good team player
- Be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people within and external to the Society
- Be a dependable, honest and fun work colleague
- This role is subject to a satisfactory DBS.
If you hold the above criteria, this could be the opportunity for you!
At The Veterinary Defence Society and VDS Training, we are committed to equality and diversity. We ensure that job standards are relevant to the successful undertaking of the job. We do not indirectly disadvantage any persons on the grounds of gender, age, disability, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, sexual orientation, any other protected characteristic, or social status.About Us:
The Veterinary Defence Society (VDS) is a mutual insurance company, established in 1865 and run by experienced veterinary surgeons on behalf of the veterinary profession, which:
What are we offering?
- Insures the vast majority of the practising profession against the effects of claims of negligence
- Ensures that each case is handled by a veterinary colleague experienced in claims management
- Defends reputations and finances against unjustified claims and offers compensation when appropriate
- Includes cover for negligence resulting in human injury
- Provides legal representation at criminal and disciplinary hearings
- Offers advice and guidance to members, through training, Newsletters and other helpful publications.
- Opportunities to work from home and with the team in the office
- A competitive salary with great benefits on top!
- Great collaborative working team environment
- Social events held throughout the year
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus all bank holidays
- Non-Contributory Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance including mental health and full cancer care cover
- Cashplan (in addition to the Private Medical Insurance)
- Life Insurance X 4 Salary
- Free parking when you’re in the office
Knutsford / Home BasedContract Type:
Fixed Term, 1 yearHours:
Full Time, 35 per weekSalary:
£21,000 - £24,000 per annumBenefits:
We offer a competitive salary and 25 days holiday entitlement plus Bank Holidays. A non-contributory individual pension, plus a full PMI and Cashplan. Death in Service is 4 x basic salary. We also provide an enhanced absence scheme and Maternity pay. We are based in a desirable, Cheshire location with easy access to the motorway network, although we do offer hybrid working currently.
No external agencies please.
You may have experience of the following: Operations Administrator, Operations Support Administrator, Operations Support, Administrator, Operations Assistant, Support Administrator, Admin Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Office Administrator, etc.
Ref: 132 774