An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Order to Deliver Specialist (Customer Facing) to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead (to work from the office every Tuesday and Thursday, working from home Monday, Wednesday and Fridays).
This is a full-time temporary role to last until the end of March 2022, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £35,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
The core purpose of the Customer Facing Order to Deliver Specialist role is to manage the service UL delivers to key customers, ensuring that every time their customer(s) deals with UL it is a positive experience and the perception of UL held by our key customers therefore continually improves. The Customer Facing Order to Deliver Specialist is the voice of the customer within UL at an operational level and needs to hold others accountable for maintaining excellent service standards at all times.
- Ensure prompt and professional feedback to all ad-hoc customer queries, working with internal stakeholders to source information as required
- Tailoring order shortage communications to meet / exceed customers' expected level of communication
- Working with Customer Development, Customer Replenishment Specialists, Customer Availability Specialists, and Stock Management to ensure external messages are simple, clear, and consistent
- Handling customer trade terms compliance issues at an operational level with their customer(s)
- Checking and confirming to customers that orders for new products have been processed successfully.
Customer Order Scheduling
- Working with Customer Account Team, Stock Control and the Operations Centre to proactively schedule customer orders, maximising Customer Service and avoiding stock / logistics / credit constraints.
Customer relationship building
- Alongside effective communications the Customer Facing Order to Deliver Specialist is responsible for building rapport with their customer contacts and strengthening the operational relationships with their customer.
Continuous improvement lead for their customer(s)
- Resolving ongoing issues (e.g. order receipt times, booking slot issues etc.)
- Analyse data and identify trends in delivery issues, creating action plans and where appropriate work with their customer(s) to reduce the number of incoming claims and improve invoice accuracy
- Ensuring master data within the system (e.g. ship to codes) is always up to date and cleaned to ensure internal processes do deliver accurate service to their customer(s)
- Owning a customer fact book / reference guide that holds all relevant information to enable UL to meet/exceed their customer(s) expectations
- Implementing supply chain initiatives with key contacts at the customer (e.g. setup of new delivery point, lead-time reduction, weekend ordering etc.)
- Where appropriate the Customer Facing Order to Deliver Specialist may support their wider account team through specific ad-hoc reporting (e.g. range review reporting).
- Experience of working in a business to business customer facing role in an FMCG company. Experience in Supply Chain also highly beneficial.
- Outstanding customer service mindset, going the "extra mile" to ensure our customers always have a positive experience when dealing with UL
- Excellent communication skills to build relationships with key external contacts and influence internal stakeholders
- Firm foundation in Maths and English (GCSE Grade C or above) and have also completed some form of further education (A-level or equivalent).
- Competent user of MS Excel (can use pivot tables). SAP experience also highly desirable.