This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role creating opportunities for talented young people from underserved communities to join a prestigious and leading co-educational independent boarding school.
Uppingham School is a registered charity that relies on philanthropic income to support pupils from all backgrounds to study here through the Bursaries Programme. The Outreach Manager will create partnerships between Uppingham School and community figureheads, philanthropists, charities, community groups, and statutory funded projects who support or represent underserved communities within 20 miles of the School. The purpose of the partnerships will be to create pathways for talented young people to consider joining Uppingham as fee-paying pupils or with support from the School’s Bursaries Programme.Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing mutually beneficial partnerships with organisations and individuals who support or represent local underserved communities
- Encouraging visits to the School and applications from potential pupils identified through outreach work
- Using information gathered from partners to develop the outreach strategy and enrich the diversity of the School
- Working closely with the School’s fundraising arm to encourage philanthropic investment from donors
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering outreach or support work in underserved communities, with a track record of strategy or operational plan development. Excellent communication and customer service skills and the proven ability to develop relationships with a diverse range of individuals is equally important.
In return, Uppingham offers a community that values people. We are warm, compassionate and mutually supportive. This is reflected in our working environment and the benefits we are able to offer. These benefits include:
- Private health care: The School pays 50% of the premium (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Staff fee concessions
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- Sodexo benefits platform
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Full membership of Uppingham School Sports Centre for an annual fee only of £25
- Westfield Health care package
Term time plus (36 weeks)
21 hours per week
Fixed term contract for 2 years
£30,000 pa pro rata
For further details on this role and other opportunities we may have, please visit our website.
To apply please click the apply button.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates must be willing to undergo full screening in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSiE), including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils will be explored at interviewThe closing date for applications is 17th September 2021.
You may have experience of the following: Outreach & Quality Assurance Manager, Business Development, Marketing, Risk Management, Health, Social Care, Market Research, Commercial Management, Charity, Third Sector, Not for Profit, etc.
Ref: 102 563