Do you enjoy helping people and providing an excellent customer experience? Are you interested in developing your career as a Personal Assistant? Do you have experience of working in a customer facing role?
You will be working as part of a small administrative support team, providing a range of support to the Executive Leadership Team and the wider department as required.
With previous experience as a PA, preferably in a large and complex organisation, you will have a high level of secretarial, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and be able to work independently, proactively and enjoy working in a busy environment. You will demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and have the ability to organise, prioritise and work to tight deadlines. You will be reliable and committed to the job and have the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion. You will be skilled at managing a complex workload accurately including electronic diary and correspondence management and support of formal meetings for example committee or board meetings.
As a Personal Assistant your main duties will include:
- Providing a professional customer experience for all users of the Business Support Services through provision of a high quality, responsive and customer focused administrative support;
- Managing electronic diaries, assessing priority of appointments, arranging meetings including booking venues and arranging catering;
- Preparation of the meeting papers, thinking ahead and preparing documents in advance ensuring they are well informed against the background of a complex workload;
- Proactively providing support for a range of formal meetings, including agenda preparation, coordination of administrative arrangements, taking minutes and follow-up of actions;
- Co-ordination of a range of projects and events as required, including senior level visits to the University, liaising with colleagues to make the necessary arrangements;
- Producing correspondence, preparing slides or presentations and analysing data as required;
- Working with the Business Support Manager and the team to support the development, maintenance and monitoring of service standards across the team using transparent and achievable Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Act as mentor/coach to members of the team as required, providing training, advice and guidance in relation to systems, policies and processes;
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of the team's activities to provide absence and peak support cover for other team members when required;
- Undertaking a range of general administration tasks including dealing with a range of correspondence, updating online information, arranging for general repairs, ordering supplies and making travel bookings;
- Receiving and dealing with a range of with telephone calls in a professional manner, re-directing or taking messages as appropriate and using discretion to deal with queries as appropriate on behalf of the Executive Leadership Team;
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a
definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of
As a Personal Assistant, you will have:
- Experience of working as a Personal Assistant or in a customer facing administrative role, working with a diverse range of customers in a busy office environment;
- Ability to organise work, exercise initiative and work independently; adapting to changing demands and priorities;
- Experience of supporting the organisation of a range of large and small events and undertaking electronic diary management;
- Ability to work with a high level of attention to detail and maintain a range of data to a high level of accuracy;
- Experience of supporting formal meetings up to executive level, co-ordinating attendees and venues, setting agendas, taking structured minutes and following up actions;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to translate technical information to a diverse range of customers;