This is an exciting time for the team as we look to expand and recruit for a Paralegal.
We have a fantastic office based in Lincoln which has a superb culture. You will be working as part of a friendly team that works closely with our Claims and Recoveries teams, and Letting Agent Partners to resolve claims made through our Rent Guarantee and Legal Services products.Responsibilities:
- Draft and serve notices seeking possession pursuant to the relevant sections of the Housing Act 1988;
- Draft and issue claim forms and particulars of claim relating to possession proceedings and debt claims;
- Prepare hearing bundles for our solicitors advocates, Defendants and the Court
- Conduct review hearings with duty advisors and the Defendants in the proceedings
- Take instructions and draft replies in relation to defended litigation;
- Enforce orders of the Court, with regard to recovering possession, outstanding rent arrears and legal costs;
- During peak periods of demand, you will also support your colleagues in the Claims and Recoveries teams with handling pre-litigation matters under the terms of our Rent Guarantee insurance lines.
- You will need excellent organisational skills and the ability to independently manage own caseload, in order to comply with Court and legislative timescales
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail is vital given the legal nature of the work being undertaken
- You will be a competent and professional communicator, in both written and verbal forms, with the confidence to discuss contentious issues and seek instructions from clients
- Having a strong sense of responsibility and ownership towards your workload and clients
- You will need the ability to stay calm under pressure
- You will have at least 12 months experience in a regulated environment, whether the regulator be the Financial Conduct Authority, Solicitors Regulation Authority or CILEx Regulation
- It would be advantageous for you to be a graduate in law or have achieved your L3 Diploma in Law & Practice with CILEx
We also offer some fantastic perks! Our office benefits from a ‘Chill Out’ room including a pool table, TV and games consoles, free parking, free tea/coffee and fresh fruit daily.Further information
As well as a competitive salary we offer the following benefits -
- Competitive holiday allowance with the annual option to buy additional days
- Death in Service benefit of x4 salary
- Company pension scheme
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave packages
- A flexible benefits package which allows you to add additional benefits to your overall package
- Our benefits portal offers discounts on technology & electronics, cinemas, restaurants, days out, mortgage advice, travel and many more
- Referral schemes
- Discounted rates on PIB products
- We offer a first-class employee benefits and welfare package to support our employees with financial management, cycle to work scheme, counselling support, health screening, will writing, menopause support, books, stopping smoking and much more
- We also offer a wide range of discounts including a kids pass – giving you discount to over 4500 attractions and activities, discounts at hairdressers and beauticians, climate change projects with lots of other options to choose
- PIB has a comprehensive learning & development framework, including professional study options and apprenticeships which are available to all employees, and which will support your career development
- Being a part of our PIB Community Trust, we support fundraising where you can apply for grants from PIB Group towards your chosen charity
- PIB Group are committed to improving their environmental impact in a responsible way. From the individual actions that our colleagues take every day through to installing the right facilities across our premises, there are many measures in place to help reduce PIB’s carbon footprint.
We are proud of our success and growth and have been recognised for many industry awards across our business. If you wish to work for a company that truly puts people at the heart of their organisation, then we would love to hear from you. PIB operates a flexible working policy, and our management teams will talk to you about how that would meet both your flexible working needs and those of the business and role you are applying for. We would love to hear from you if you want to hear more about opportunities in PIB.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ref: 133 877