Pastoral Support Officer
- Job Reference: 104853
- Date Posted: 22 November 2021
- Recruiter: Easyweb
- Location: Wakefield
- Salary: £24,603
- Sector: Charity and Not For Profit
- Job Type: Full Time Flex
- Work Hours: Full Time
An opportunity has arisen for a Pastoral Support Officer, within our Aspire2Work Team reporting to the Performance Manager for the Wakefield and Barkerend Opportunity Centres.
The main objectives of the role are:
• Support learners to be retained on their programme of study, by working with them and tutors throughout their time on their Study Programme
• Work with learners and tutors to provide interventions to improve learner engagement
• Support learners to overcome barriers to learning.
• Work with tutors and Performance Managers/Managers to monitor punctuality and attendance, liaising with tutors and assisting with interviewing persistent poor attenders and their parents/carers, to encourage co-operation and support.
• Providing effective care and guidance for learners, including those with SEND, Child Protection issues and Looked after Children.
• Developing and maintaining positive relations with parents/carers, fostering an open-door culture to encourage active involvement in their children’s education.
• Experience of working with disadvantaged young people
• Experience of working within a Training environment
• Successful track record of working with hard-to-reach young people
• Maths and English qualifications at a grade C and above or equivalent
• You must have a willingness to undergo training as required.
The Opportunity Centre, part of the aspire-igen group, is committed to helping individuals, organisations and communities succeed through learning and work. We have a strong track record of successfully delivering government funded initiatives and contracts including ESF contracts and Study Programmes. We are also a provider of advice and support services to young people and adults in the Yorkshire and Humber area
Location: Based in Wakefield – to work across Wakefield and Barkerend Opportunity Centres
Job type: Full Time permanent contract
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £24,603.60 per annum
Closing date: 16th December 2021
No Agencies Please
You may have experience of the following: Pastoral Support, Pastoral Officer, Education, Child Development, Functional Skills, Learning, Pastoral Care etc.