Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm
£22,000 - £26,000
- Supporting all payroll functions, ensuring all staff is paid accurately on time each pay period
- In addition to responsibility for aligned business line/payroll area, work with colleagues as a sub-team to ensure department goals and delivery are achieved
- To ensure our customers have a good experience of Client Group Payroll
To perform tasks allocated from the activities of the team, this includes:
- Processing and the validation of payroll submissions/ templates- received from different areas of the business
- Processing of all aspects of payroll documentation including Statutory Sick Pay, Parental Pay, Attachment of Earnings orders, Payroll Giving, Union Deductions, Pensions, Save as you earn, Student Loans, NI exemptions, Pensions and assist with RTI
- Assisting with holiday queries
- Responding to requests for information received from government agencies such as EQ1's and QB9's forms and assisting in the production of statement of earnings, copy payslips and references as required
- Answering enquiries that come into the team from internal customers, employees and external organisations
- Assisting in the day to day activities of the payroll operations as required
- Processing of BACS recalls, faster payments and chaps payments to employees
- To control the completion of statutory and authorised returns to relevant bodies and, in particular, to the timely remittance of all payroll deductions
- Processing of under/overpayment adjustments, and completion of manual calculations
- Distribution of payroll information as required
- Proactively improving the quality of payroll through identification and resolution of issues and the continuous improvement of payroll processes
- Maintain and develop effective relationships with internal/external bodies
- Other tasks associated with the effective running of all payroll operations
Creates Winning Relationships
- Interact professionally with internal and external customers
- Maintain relationships at the relevant level with internal and external customers in the Group
- Communicate relationship details to the Senior/Team Leader/Payroll Manager and escalate issues accordingly
- Promote the Department on a regular basis in internal; and external meetings
- Communicate the payroll process to internal and external customers
- Assist with the maintenance of Payroll Files on all employees of Client
- Where necessary assist with reconciliation/s according to payroll guidelines
- Ensure payroll is completed, accurately and on time to ensure all Client employees receive their pay by due date
- Ensure input received is of sufficient quality to pay employees effectively. Where input is of insufficient quality, work with providers to ensure effective improvements
- Assist with the resolution of all queries and raise relevant documentation.
- Process all payroll documentation accordance with the payroll procedures and a set deadline to ensure delivery is achieved.
- Provide support to the payroll team and continue to provide a professional service in colleagues' absence.
- Display a flexible approach to change.
- Maintain effective work behaviour whilst under pressure and during setbacks.
- Demonstrate an ability to deal with confrontational situations.
Impact and Influence
- Lead by example and inspire confidence.
- Demonstrate the ability to influence, persuade and motivate others.
- Demonstrate an adaptable style or approach in accordance with the situation or persons involved.
- Receive and provide cross training to all group members.
- Implement agreed process changes in accordance with Client Guidelines.
- Contribute to regular reviews of the activities of the payroll function to ensure efficient workflow and best practices are maintained, making recommendations for change and implementing these once agreed.
- Ensure compliance with the HRMC and other legislative requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the Client accounting policies.
* Implement and maintain a control framework in line with the US requirements as required by the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation.