Campion Insurance is a leading Insurance and Financial Service Broker and winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies award for the 10th year running achieving Platinum Standard once again. The company has circa €20m turnover (€80m Premium), 190 staff and 11 office locations.
Campion Insurance is currently seeking to recruit a payroll specialist to join its growing finance team based in our Dublin office. The successful candidate will be joining a supportive and inspiring team of professionals. The finance team comprises of 6 based in Dublin responsible for core finance activities such as accounts payable, management accounts, payroll, etc. along with a further 8 in the client accounts team.Reports To
: The position will report directly to the G/L Manager.Key Outputs & ResponsibilitiesThe payroll specialist role supports an effective and efficient finance function. Responsibilities include;
The candidate should have;
- End-to-end processing of Monthly Payroll of 200 employees which includes but is not limited to;
- Download of RPN's from ROS.
- Accurate update of employee records and permanent payments/deductions.
- Manual adjustments/calculations and data entry into Payroll system.
- Several checks performed to ensure accuracy and integrity of data before payslips are emailed to employees.
- Ensure accurate administration, reconciliation and payment of all third-party payroll deductions and payments including Health Insurance, Pension, Savings, Sports & Social, Union dues etc.
- Respond efficiently and professionally to queries received from employees and relevant stakeholders via central Payroll Mailbox.
- Completion of forms and letters relating to Department of Social Protection applications, mortgage applications, confirmation of employment etc.
- Maintain effective controls and procedures to ensure that the Company fulfils all legal and statutory filings, which include all Revenue filing/reporting requirements.
- Maintain accurate and up to date files and records ensuring audit trail, confidentiality and in line with the required data protection and GDPR policies.
- Upload of Payroll data to Revenue via ROS.
- Creation and upload of bank payment files.
- Creation of required Payroll reports and reconciliations including statutory filings and returns i.e. P30 return.
- Ad-hoc payroll analysis and reports as required by Payroll, HR or Finance.
- Involvement in cross-functional and cross-divisional project work as is relevant to the position and support in the delivery of key projects.
- Looks for opportunities to improve processes that lead to increased accuracy and reduction of processing times.
The candidate should be;
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience processing end-to-end high-volume payrolls with regular changes.
- IPASS certified.
- Knowledge of tax regulations and compliance.
- Experience of in-House Payroll systems essential (Quantum experience preferable)
- Strong end user computing skills and experience in particular in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, be able to demonstrate through courses or work experience the aptitude to upskill with new systems.
- Full, clean driving license and access to a car.
- Finance degree or strong accounting knowledge an advantage
The successful candidate will receive;
- Enthusiastic and personable.
- Highly motivated with a desire to upskill.
- Highly organised and ability to prioritise.
- Good communication skills and a team player that can actively listen to team activities and shares information and knowledge to help the team meet its objectives.
- Strong attention to detail and a self-starter who can work competently without the need for supervision.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate to work with a busy finance department and gain valuable experience and support towards further qualifications. This is a permanent position, and the company are offering the following;
Salary €40,000 to €45,000 depending on experience.
Bonus TBC Depending on candidate experience and achieving set objectives.
PHI / DIS Income protection of 75% of basic salary and 4 times death in service.
Training We offer the opportunity for the successful candidate to upskill in a wide variety of areas with company paid courses such as Accounting Exams (ACCA/CPA) Power BI, Lean Six Sigma, QFA, etc.
Location This role will be hybrid & based in our Dublin office. (Hybrid after a period of training is complete)
Ref: 135 128