Cheadle Heath, Stockport
£20,599.13 - £22,772.32 (Depending on experience)
Blended: Head Office with opportunities to work from home – Full time Office work required for the initial month of employment for induction purposes
Care in Mind provide residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old. The young people we care for often require a high level of support to assist with difficulties they may have from self-harming, behaviour, and emotional difficulties. Our aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic approach to help them achieve their individual goals, in preparation for transition to adult life.
At Care in Mind our homes are always a hub of activity and energy where the young people can feel safe, and our staff enjoy coming to work. Your role will involve supporting the People Coordinators with such duties as safer recruitment onboarding, DBS checks, eligibility to work checks, references, setting up new starters on the HR system, and producing offer/contractual paperwork in a timely manner. You will also be supporting the People Services department with employee relations case minute taking and wider People Services Projects and processes.
Previous HR administrative experience is essential, and you will work closely with the People Advisor where you will receive ongoing support and mentoring.Company Benefits
Essential requirements of a People Assistant
- A £100 bonus after completing 6-month probation
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £1000 per referral)
- 30 days holiday (Rising to 35 days with service including bank holidays)
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities
- Healthcare CashPlan with costs provided towards dental and optical care and a range of other healthcare treatments and benefits including discounted gym memberships, online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- Paid Training & Induction
- Enhanced company pension
- Life Assurance (2 x annual salary)
- Free parking available and good direct transport links
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme/24-hour Counselling Service
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (Employee of the year awards, Summer & Christmas parties)
Fancy the challenge?
- Full UK Driving Licence with access to own vehicle/ Currently undergoing lessons/test
- Experience working within a HR department
- Previous experience of working in an Administrative role
- An Understanding of HR processes and procedures
- Knowledge and experience of HR software
- Experience dealing with high volume onboarding of candidates
- Strong IT skills including the use of spreadsheets, data analysis, databases, email, presentations, and word processing.
- Good numeracy & literacy skills
- Confidence with communicating via phone to external and internal individuals.
- Ability to work confidently remotely and utilise platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- Desirable Criteria of a People Assistant
- Working towards a HR qualification
Apply with us today!
Want to see what some of our young people and staff think? Please visit our website.Additional Information
- You will work in a COVID secure environment as all our staff are required to be fully vaccinated by 11th November 2021.
- Please note that we do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.
- Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
- We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.
Ref: 103 574