As a Pet Claims Assistant, you’ll be at the forefront of our business, responsible for delivering our world class customer service by supporting our customers and their pets in their time of need.
You don’t need to come for an insurance background. We have a fantastic Learning & Development team who will teach you everything you need to know and a leadership team who will support and empower you to continue to learn and grow throughout your career. We just want people who share our passion for caring for our customers and making a real difference.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Uploading claims correspondence and claim forms received onto the claims system, responding to customers’ written requests for claim forms or enquiries into the progress of their claims, and their general enquiries
- Keeping the customer informed of progress at all times both verbally and in writing via email, SMS or letter
- Taking inbound calls from customers, veterinary practices and third parties
- Taking inbound sales quote calls
- Outbound calling for information to support claims, and returning policyholders calls where necessary
- Generally assisting with administration tasks to support the claims handlers
- Identifying potentially fraudulent claims and following the agreed processes for referral
- Adhering to legal requirements, industry regulations and quality standards set by the company.
- Undertake other duties over and above those listed in the job description, appropriate to the individual’s skills and experience.
What would we like to see in you?
- Excellent telephone manner
- Able to build strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- First class interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people, both verbally and written
- Able to listen and show empathy to customers during what can be a difficult time, and use initiative to provide solutions
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet targets and deadlines
- Able to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Trustworthy and reliable
- High attention to detail
- Computer literate and able to work on multiple computer systems, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
- Respect for customer and business confidentiality
- Highly motivated and driven
What’s on offer?
- 36.25 working hours per week with flexitime
- Annual pay review and performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Continued professional development through internal training, professional qualifications and apprenticeships
- Lots of fun activities, initiatives and celebrations such as; awards nights, Christmas parties, team lunches, quiz nights
- A supportive leadership team and one to one time with your manager each month to discuss your personal development, what you’ve achieved and any support you might be needing
- A Wellbeing Team who provide little pick me ups such as sweetie drops, monthly fruit baskets and ice cream vans
- Lots of support for your mental wellbeing through Covea Minds, who provide Mental Health First Aiders and an Employee Assistance Programme where employees can access additional support such as counselling
- One volunteering day a year to support a charity close to your heart
- Excellent staff pension scheme
- Health benefits such as free eye tests, flu jabs and the option to opt into private medical insurance
- Additional benefits such as discounted gym memberships, cycle to work schemes and discounts at lots of retailers