Portfolio Director - Casualty
Due to growth we are looking for a new role within our team at Q Underwriting. As Portfolio Director within Casualty your role will be to provide specialist technical underwriting and pricing knowledge, market insight and support to the Group to help deliver capacity management, binder management, and product development within a delegated authority model.
Alongside a strong technical foundation built within an insurance company or MGA environment, a growth focused mindset is an essential requirement in a highly acquisitive business.
This role requires a detailed knowledge and understanding of liability-based insurance, the legal framework that operates for this product line and the long tail nature of this class of business.
Location: Flexible - any PIB office across the UK / home workingResponsibilities:
- Support the CUO in managing and taking the lead on capacity relationships for a defined portfolio of business.
- Manage and control a portfolio of delegated authority business to a set of agreed KPI’s that includes profitability and growth
- Engage new markets and develop new capacity relationships to support new product lines and routes to market.
- Take a whole account view assessing claims performance alongside underwriting results to improve loss ratios and product performance
- Oversee the governance framework for a portfolio of delegated authority business to include licence framework, alongside the appropriate regulatory framework
- Liaise with various insurers technical and actuarial teams to ensure good outcomes for customers and Group
- Demonstrate a deep and detailed knowledge and experience with a defined line or lines of business
- Highly numerate individual with a background in casualty insurance
- Strong technical background in both underwriting and pricing
- Previous binder experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to influence at senior level and present persuasive arguments
- Manage projects as leader or participant to deliver objectives within timescales
- Be able to work at high pace in a complex environment with competing priorities
- Be aware of market intelligence and react quickly to opportunities.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Our employee’s success isn’t measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. We have many sites across the UK, so whether this be working from home, logging on from another office then we would love to hear from you!
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Ref: 102 633