Preparation Bench Hand
Contract until 31st December 2021
£14 per hour PAYE
About the role:
Our client; an international leader in defence, aerospace and energy are currently sourcing a Preparation Bench Hand for their Birmingham/Coventry based site.
- To prepare heat Exchanger components for assembly by fitting inserts, studs, valve seats etc. using tools and materials as necessary.
- Have the ability to read and follow drawings and layout instruction sheets as required for the role.
- To use measuring instruments to ensure that parts are fitted correctly to drawing or other instruction.
- Able to be flexible in working practices at all times.
- To fill in route cards and any other paperwork clearly and legibly when required.
- Use the company business system to close works orders thereby placing the completed parts into stock.
- Work at all times in an environment of continuous improvement
- Work as a team player at all times
- To inspect and verify their own work with an excellent eye for detail.
- To be able to work on own initiative
- Perform basic TPM activities on equipment used.
About the company:
The client is an aerospace and defence company headquartered and listed in the UK, with four global divisions generating £1.7billion revenue (FY 2020) with c.9,000 employees worldwide, across 37 sites. In the UK alone, our client has 10 sites; with around 2,300 employees working across these locations within different business areas and projects. The company secures content across a broad range of platforms in civil aerospace, defence and selected energy end markets, generating original equipment (OE) revenue from day one and a growing aftermarket (AM) revenue stream as the fleet grows over time.
If interested, please apply to the vacancy directly and we will be in touch to determine suitability.