We are an agile team of tech experts, game-changers and creative-thinkers, changing the future of insurance forever and making a real difference in people’s lives. We are using human-centred technology to make insurance more personal, relevant and predictive to the way that people live today. We are setting the pace of change for our industry, and we do this by always asking what’s next, by never being satisfied with the status quo, and by breaking barriers together.
We are a team of individuals with a shared passion for solving problems, a hunger to learn, a super positive attitude and a burning desire to make a difference in the world. We’re a diverse group of curious, creative-thinkers of any and all kinds who know that true innovation only comes from working together with an open mind. We start with people first, bringing together data, the latest technology, the most innovative processes and the brightest brains to create ground-breaking ideas that will have the biggest impact on people’s lives. We build, test, learn, pivot and fail fast to bring the best ideas to life. And when we’ve got a great idea, we will throw everything we’ve got at to make it a success.
Unlike other insurance companies who step in only when things go wrong, we are developing technologies that will help our customers stop the worst from happening by integrating seamlessly into the lives of their consumers.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Take senior accountability for the delivery of initiatives via one or more of Covéa’s Digital’s core teams, through implementing, managing and helping to continuously improve scaled agile processes.
- Provide overarching leadership for groupings of squads within Covéa’s Digital’s core teams to define missions and goals fully aligned with Covéa’s tactical and strategic business objectives.
- Ensure iterative delivery plans are created, that reflect how group members have a deep understanding how they contribute towards achieving business objectives.
- Ensure the delivery of initiatives is planned and sequenced well, that it forms a consolidated approach, particularly for initiatives that involve contributions from several of Covéa Digital’s core groupings.
- Ability to plan beyond product delivery and identify dependencies in plans across services and coordinate delivery.
- To oversee the development, maintenance and optimisation of processes and practices to ensure the delivery of initiatives is focused on the outcome, whilst challenging and improving disproportionate organisational processes where it impacts the pace of the team.
- Lead and champion the preferred delivery methodology ensuring that agile first principles are followed, and that parity is achieved across Covéa Digital by embedding practices across all squads.
- Ensure ADMs and Scrum Masters have access to adequate and relevant coaching, with particular support on balancing focus between both short-term sprint goals and long-term strategic objectives.
- Ensure delivery pace and culture is consistent and sustainable, removing escalated obstacles, impediments and blockers (both short and long term).
- Ensure cross-squad working, effective collaboration and encourage swarming to when the delivery of a particular piece of value is at risk.
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement, encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership and accountability,
- Be a key contributor in the running of an effective management team for end to end delivery of change. This will include planning, budgeting, resourcing and other general management issues.
- Work with the Delivery Leadership team to further the development of delivery practices alongside people initiatives.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Chapter & Skills leads within different groupings, to ensure the collective solutions delivered meet the customer and business needs, for Covéa and affiliated companies.
- Lead with integrity and act with resilience, supporting and promoting a culture which is genuinely inclusive and respectful. Follow Covéa’s North Star.
What would we like to see in you?
We are looking for a Principal Agile Delivery Manager that comes with a track record of being an exceptional leader in a technology delivery function. They will have evolved from a strong background in hands on delivery across a range of technologies and agile methodologies. They can demonstrate an ability to communicate at a senior stakeholder level and can lead under pressure to achieve strategic business objects.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant digital function, to continue the great steps already taken and contribute to its future evolution.