Waters is looking for a Principal Informatics Engineer for its Clinical Systems Development Software team.
As a Principal Informatics Engineer, you will act as a technical leader, working within and across teams, to evangelize new ideas and technologies, create prototypes, drive project work, generate required deliverables and help deliver roadmap goals. This is a great opportunity for you to join a team on the start of a journey to creating the next generation in scientific software.
Clinical Systems Development is a new team being created to develop Waters Clinical and IVD Systems, Hardware and Software. This is a great opportunity to get involved at the very outset of a new organisation, with a mission to delivering customer benefit in the clinical market segment through the evaluation, development and deployment of innovative clinical system capabilities.
What can we offer you?
- A plan for your personal development in your own area of specialism, pursuing this with the support of your manager to undertake the training and learning to progress
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid approach
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health and dental insurance
- Contributory based pension scheme
- Subsidized membership of onsite gym
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
As a Principal Informatics Engineer, you would be part of the Waters Cinical Systems Development group producing software that is used by people worldwide for specialist measurement and scientific analysis.
Your main responsibilities would include:
- Software development across our technology stack
- Working collaboratively as part of a cross discipline agile team to deliver software for Waters Clinical Systems.
- Contributing to team and project continuous improvement activities
- Contributing to continuous integration and delivery frameworks and approaches
- Continual learning, to stay up-to-date with the latest techniques and technologies in software development
What will make you a successful Principal Informatics Engineer at Waters:
- Knowledge and application of software engineering practices (e.g. Unit testing, TDD, CI/CD, SOLID, BDD etc.).
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
The following criteria are desirable, but are not essential since training will be provided for you:
- Agile software development for iterative product delivery
Continuous delivery, with pipelines implemented in Docker, Linux & Gradle.
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), with Gherkin & SpecFlow
- Atlassian Jira, Bamboo, Confluence & JFrog Artifactory
- Software security implementation (e.g. OWASP, PKI, X509 Certificates, TLS)
- Software development for regulated environments (e.g. IVD / Medical devices)