We are looking for a Principle Operations Software Engineer:
To provide technical expertise for the development of manufacturing test solutions as part of the digital transformation to automate our Manufacturing Process for MassSpec Products
The role covers all stages of the software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering, development, verification and validation for use in production test. The Principle Operations Software Engineer is primarily responsible for software testing to ensure a robust product.
The role’s emphasis is to ensure that bespoke and commercially available software deployed is fit for purpose, meets the requirements of the stakeholders, and complies to relevant ISO/cGMP regulations.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Design and implementation of automated tooling to support Agile software development projects.
- Create, build and configure tooling for build, integration, deployment and release of software.
- Oversee and share technical responsibility for delivered products and services from the group.
- Defect tracking – use of Jira (or similar defect tracking tool) to track progress of user stories from requirements to meet the definition of done.
- Experience in using workflow and collaboration tooling such as Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- Use of code management tooling such as Git.
HND or Degree in a software development or relevant discipline.
- Experience of software development and ideally experience in a relevant programming language (C#, C++, Lua) and use of Atlassian toolset (Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket/Bamboo).
- Knowledge of Node/Angular frameworks.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g. Unit testing, TDD, CI/CD, BDD).
- Experience / knowledge of Software Validation and compliance to ISO/cGMP regulations.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a cross discipline agile team.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Demonstrated organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Background or interest in science/engineering with a willingness to learn
In addition to salary, we work flexibly and provide 25 days holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection and private medical. With Waters, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.