Job title - Private Markets Product Specialist
Location - London, Canary Wharf/Remote
Rate - Up to £475 PAYE or Umbrella £609
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 6months, potentially moving to Perm.
Our financial services client is currently seeking a Private Markets Product Specialist to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will initially be for 6 Months and potentially moving to permanent.
This role is within Wealth and Personal Banking
- Experience in Project management Minimum 4 years.
- Knowledge about asset classes/Private equity experience in hedge funds/Infrastructure/ alternatives/ overall language in asset classes/ investment relations is Essential.
- Previous experience working for a Hedge fund/Asset Management Institutions.
Operational Effectiveness and Control
- Manage the processes and infrastructure needed to deliver team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximize end to end integration, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Work in partnership with Risk and Compliance to ensure procedures and controls in place are fit for purpose.
- The Bank's Alternative Investments Ltd ('HAIL') is a wholly owned subsidiary of Global Asset Management ('AMG') specialising in alternative investment products. HAIL currently delivers a "best in class" offering of indirect alternative solutions in Hedge Funds, Private Markets and direct alternative solutions in Private Debt & Infrastructure Debt as well as direct real asset opportunities. These capabilities are accessible by our institutional and wholesale clients via funds, co-investment programmes and segregated mandates.
- The Product Specialist will work within the HAIL Product Specialists team, reporting directly to the Senior Private Markets Product Specialist. The individual will work with the Senior Product Specialist, to support the growth of the Private Markets business, champion the capability both internally and externally and help in the execution of the sales strategy for new and existing products and capabilities.
- Private Markets coverage includes Private Equity, Infrastructure and Private Debt, with a primary focus on Private Equity.
- The individual will work with a range of stakeholders across The Banks Global Asset Management
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- An in-depth knowledge of alternative investment products and markets (i.e., private equity, private credit, infrastructure) gained through experience, education, or certification.
- Experience of client management is essential and knowledge of the range of different structural solutions helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with strong presentation skills
- Under the Company's internal 'Back to Front'/'Front to Back' transfer policy this role may be classed as High Risk. As a result, internal candidates may require enhanced approvals and vetting checks if they are currently employed in a Front Office department, or if they have worked in a Front Office department within the last 5 years (please refer to the HR FIM definition for further guidance).
Impact on Business
- Support the implementation of the growth plan includes supporting new product launches & campaigns for the capability whilst maintaining a focus on client experience initiatives to maintain a high-quality service offering.
- As Product Specialist, will lead on product launches and work with junior product specialists to ensure delivery of material to agreed timelines.
- Production of marketing collateral, including pitch books, teasers, PPMs, and FAQs for new products, as well as educational materials highlighting the benefits of the HAIL product suite and capabilities
- Market research including proactive communication of sales propositions, whitepapers & investment opportunities based on deep dive analysis of private markets (i.e., private equity) & competitor positioning.
- Update existing pitch books alongside the Client Propositions team.
- Help to complete RFI and RFP submissions alongside the RFP team
- On-going support to internal and external clients for new and existing products - across all product areas.
- Support the writing of client reporting where necessary
- Act as point of contact for product and capability enquiries.
If you are relevant or interested, please contact me at