Procurement Category Manager
My client is seeking an experience Procurement Category Manager to join their busy team. Our client covers the UK and beyond so the successful candidate will work remotely and is not bound by location.
What you will do
The selected candidate will be responsible for developing, planning, implementing, analyzing and executing regional Strategic Category Management related to IT communications, services, hardware and software. The Category Manager will be specifically responsible for the creation and execution of the procurement and business strategies, business processes, policies, savings strategy and the implementation of the savings initiatives result of the category supplier's negotiations and agreements within EMEA region in the different business units. Category Manager will procure services, develop strategies, create and implements processes to provide at the highest quality and the best cost to business owners in their regions. Category Manager will manage stakeholders, negotiates to influence internal and external parties who may have conflicting objectives to accept concepts, practices and approaches.
How you will do it
- Provides strategic procurement programs that leverage client operations with measurable financial results globally.
- Creates, directs and implements region policies, procedures, and standards that support the Region and Business Units plans.
- Develops and executes strategies designed to improve business process productivity, manages procurement savings to reduce costs and procurement related expenses while improving profitability as well as increasing our TWC (Trade Working Capital) aligned with all business units' requirements.
- Manages relationship with suppliers, including supplier negotiations, managing day to day operations, issue & escalation.
- Works effectively with all business units leaders globally and regionally to ensure alignment of the global/EMEA strategy and adoption of best practices.
- Researches, identifies, negotiates and registers appropriate service providers by region/country, to support business unit and plant operations.
- Develops relationship with business unit regional procurement managers to effectively leverage expertise across the organization.
- Develops business review format and common scorecard to evaluate ongoing performance.
- Understands category related market trends and regulation changes that may affect our business operations and communicate impacts proactively.
- Maintains regular communication with the Business Leaders and regions to understand business conditions and market trends to support their operations accordingly.
- Stays informed of any changes or updates in laws, tariffs, commodity classifications, and regulations at the International, National, and Local levels (if applicable) to support and supply management to the teams so they can maintain and understand legal concepts that govern their activities as agents of their employers and of the various laws that govern the purchase and sale of goods and services.
- By enhancement of Stakeholder Management establishes and maintains constructive working relationships with corporate business leaders, process owners and purchasing leaders.
What we look for
- Bachelor or Master's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years' experience in procurement roles in direct or indirect materials, ideally working in international environment, preferably with experience on Indirect Category Management.
- Experience on Category Management of IT Communications, Software, Hardware and Services, is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills including ability to analyze and learn cost structure models in many different regions
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across channels, with business unit personnel, Purchasing staff, to achieve understanding of business goals.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Long history in communication with senior executive leadership (internal / external) and creation of a collaborative working environment e.g. in engaging and inspiring manner.
- Strong Stakeholder Management Skills across several functional areas or businesses.
- Strong expertize in operating at senior level of business with a global mindset.
- Strong experience working in different environments (e.g. outside of home country, new business unit/entity, different cultures)
- Ability to solve problems that generally require research and creative thought.
- Ability to ensure immediate working environment that encourages innovation and a view beyond comfort zone, to support a variety of senior roles and deliver business value in changing business environments.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, assumes broad perspective.
- Strong program, projects and process development skills for functional subject areas.
Please submit your CV in the first instance.