Product Designer (Remote working within the UK)
- Job Reference: 133914
- Date Posted: 20 June 2022
- Recruiter: Easy Web Recruitment
- Location: London
- Salary: £49,443 to £60,430
- Sector: Science
- Job Type: Remote
- Work Hours: Full Time
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for an experienced Product Designer who will become the ‘voice of the customer’ and ensure the user is considered throughout the design and development process.
The Product Designer is a brand new and a very exciting role where you will be able to create and promote usable and on-brand user experiences throughout the RSC.
We are looking for a Product Designer who has strong experience of Design thinking and a track record of creating user interfaces. In this role you will contribute in building an effective design practice. You will be a key point to supply user insight and feedback to your team and to closely collaborate with different teams across the organisation.
• You’ll have a sound understanding of Human-centred design and Design Thinking and how they are applied to problem solving
• You’ll have a track record of creating effective user interfaces
• You’ll be able to utilise the best interactive design practices
• You’ll insist on user testing your designs and prototypes
• You’ll be able to source and analyse insight to iteratively improve digital products
• You’ll understand the importance of usability and accessibility
• You’ll be happy leading co-creation workshops and mapping out customer journeys
• Any experience contributing to a Design system is beneficial
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance chemical sciences. We are a provider of knowledge, a professional body and a voice for chemical sciences, with a heritage that spans 179 years. We work with industry and academia to promote collaboration and innovation. We advise governments on policy, and we promote the talent, information and ideas that lead to great advances in science.
The Royal Society of Chemistry offers excellent benefits. As an organisation we are embracing hybrid working, and remote working within the UK could be considered for this role. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the office as needed for their role.
Visit our Work For Us website to learn more about us, our Equal Opportunities Statement and Inclusive Culture Pledge.
Please note that internally this role is called UX Designer.
Salary: £49,443 - £60,430
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
You may have experience of the following: UI/UX Designer, Lead UI/UX Designer, Creative Designer, Designer, Lead Designer, UX Designer, User Experience, Product Manager, Product Designer, Product Management
Ref: 133 914