Until end of March 2022 with view to extend
Up to £500 per day inside IR35
Remote with one day a week in Paddington
The client are turbo-charging Digital & Data through their people. To support this transformation, we have created a new brand to deliver learning products and experiences with the purpose of accelerating growth of enterprise-wide digital and data skills, and cultivating a data-driven and digital-first culture - for every colleague. This is an opportunity to shape the product infrastructure from the ground up.
For your product(s), holistically manage the product management process from strategy, product planning and build, to launch and optimization - coordinating with stakeholders, UX and technology throughout that lifecycle. Act as the voice of the colleague, translate needs into a product roadmap and backlog, constantly prioritize and manage capacity to maximize customer and business value.
Work with other Product Managers and stakeholders to collaborate on cross team dependencies. Develop strong working relationships with relevant business owners for Business context and with Technology for retail-specific technology expertise.
- Identify and apply insight from research, data analytics, market and competitor analysis, industry / product / technology trends etc
- Create complex business cases that include: market analysis, costs, business/user benefits, OPEX & CAPEX calculations, sensitivity analysis & NPS output
- Manage a backlog of stakeholder requirements, customer problems, new features, optimising existing features, technical debt, quick wins vs strategic projects.
- Contribute to each quarterly prioritisation process and create a hi-level product roadmap, presenting it to wider teams and stakeholders on a regular basis
- Demonstrate a good level of understanding of the full technology stack and understand how your product interacts with all areas of the business.
- Develop clear and compelling value propositions, working with stakeholders to align and agree
- Identify a variety of possible features / solutions that address the problem and best reinforce the value proposition
- Demonstrate a good understanding of all UX design and research methods.
- Set clear objectives and key results for new features, working in conjunction with analytics if required
- Effectively deliver agile product responsibilities
- Work to inspect and adapt the teams working practices to suit the product lifecycle optimising value delivery
- Lead the development of user stories, the development backlog and sprint plans
- Manage the UAT for your features and prioritise the issues ahead of feature release
- Own the business readiness for your features liaising with all parties involved to clearly communicate what will be released and when
- Communicate analysis to stakeholders and create action plan if needed. Refer back to business case when reporting on success
- Over 3 years' experience in product management, demonstrating successful development and delivery of product strategies, roadmaps through to product launch and optimisation
- Experience and passion for adding value through people development initiatives
- Excellent technical capability
- Experienced at leading discovery and ideation in uncharted problem spaces. Proven success at launching new concepts, experiments and products.
- Experience of managing successful delivery in an Agile software environment to deliver customer-led outcomes
- Excellent communication skills and strong experience in dealing with business stakeholders - relatability to non-technical business users and technical resources
- Understand the key operational metrics of a retail business and their impact on profit and loss, revenue, customer retention etc.
- Excellent requirements / competitive analysis skills, pricing and financial planning
- You are a connector, bringing people together you help make improvements even in areas you do not own.
- You have the ability to strongly influence decisions you don't own.
- You work well with high levels of ambiguity and changing priorities