An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Product Technologist to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, to be based at Colworth Science Park in Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire, MK44 (just a 40-minute drive from Milton Keynes). This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 12 months (with the potential to move into other roles afterwards), working a 36.25-hour week, paying up to £25,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Please note, you will be required to work from site a minimum of 4 days per week (which could extend to 5 during the course of the assignment).
This is exciting opportunity to join the Pepsi Lipton R&D Team. Pepsi Lipton is a joint venture between the company and PepsiCo to capitalise on growth of the ready-to-drink TEA segment. It operates globally with three well-established brands Lipton, Brisk and Pure Leaf. The team are currently seeking a Product Technologist to support the practical and development activities linked to our EU agenda. In this role you will be responsible for conducting product development activities and related tasks within agreed projects with an onus on practical based activities in our food laboratory or pilot plant facility.
- Ownership of shipments in including: logistics, registration, documentation as well as storage of beverages & ingredients coming in / out of the Product development facility
- Ensuring stock and sourcing of key ingredients to enable the product development team to work effectively including liaison with suppliers and on-site functions, logging in and tracking use
- Supporting the product development team in the generation of prototypes, samples and lab work, including filling into appropriate pack formats and storage
- Supporting any scale up trial preparation & execution where necessary
- Supporting and taking part with the set up and execution of general tastings
- Supporting with analytical and assessment activities where necessary
- Initiating and maintaining formal e-log book, trial reports, experimental write ups, handover documents and presentation cascades as required to capture key technical information
- Ability to use system tools such as excel, Teams and Share-point sites & utilization of digital tools where required to document, share and store information
- Support to the wider technical activities and broader PLI team requirements where required
- Have awareness of competitor landscape & commercial produces
- Competent with Microsoft Office software.
- Passion to work in a practical & lab-based setting.
- Team working & collaboration.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Good time management skills.
- An ability to flex and multi-task, as well as to work independently.
- Educated to at least A Level standard (ideally in a scientific, mathematical, or engineering background) preferred but not essential.
- Experience in the food industry related to product/process development, or manufacturing in foods or beverages an advantage but not essential.
- Foundation training/qualification in food hygiene an advantage but not essential.