We are recruiting for a temporary (12 month contract) Production Planning Controller to:
- Support the creation of production time ways and schedules within the business planning system
- Manage and maintain production orders for both field spares and production build, including Monthly production WIP counts
- Work closely with the purchasing teams to ensure that inventory is available to support instruments manufacturing plans and schedules created.
- Support new product development activities as they transition into production
Some responsibilities include:
- Reviews master production schedule work orders, establishes priorities for specific customer orders / revenue risk and revises schedule according to work order specifications, established priorities and availability or capability of work centres & material,
- .Issues production orders in line with the output plan as defined in company procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate WIP counts in accordance with the Inventory Roadmap
- Attend weekly output meeting and provide weekly progress for assigned products for production / finished goods & sales output.
- Amend MRP planning data where appropriate with product planning department or as required.
An understanding of MRP functionality, SAP experience not a necessity but experience with using the system would benefit the candidate.
- Good communicator
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer-focused, both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in an ever changing environment where requirements and demand change at regular intervals
- Must be able to manage situations where conflict occurs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Office, Access or similar software packages.
- Consistent, proactive and able to work on own initiative – good problem solving skill.
- Ability to see bigger picture for strategic decisions.