Job title - Programme Director
Location - London Start date - ASAP Contract - 6 months Rate - £605 PAYE or £776 UMBRELLA
HSBC are currently seeking an experienced Programme Director to join their Wholesale Compliance Transformation Team.
The Programme Director will need to deploy global programmes into priority markets and manage their impact. They are expected to have awareness of the group strategy and the challenges or risks that the group faces.
Programme Director is typically responsible for the delivery of globally driven, globally co-ordinated or large country specific programmes. This may also take the form of taking direct delivery accountability for a significant group of programmes for a given entity of function to deliver a given strategic outcome.
They are required to lead the change initiative, take strategic decisions, operate at an executive level and manage global stakeholder and sponsor relationships.
- Develop long and short term plans for the most significant global transformations in accordance with the Transformation strategy and lead its implementation
- Influence and collaborate with stakeholders and delivery partners, building strong relationships to ensure consensus and influence change outcomes. Fosters open and honest communication which anticipates stakeholder expectations
- Support regional leadership in managing and leading change in region / country through deployment of priority programmes and provide inputs in strategic change planning
- Define the shape and structure in developing the programme plan (which could be multi-country or cross business/function); review and refine resource requirements and engage with stakeholders to create buy-in for the plan
- Actively manage and co-ordinate the programme roadmap, handling changes as they arise and keeping stakeholders focused on the agreed change outcomes and benefits
- Obtain buy-in from and influences senior management and stakeholders for all key programme plans, commitments, changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, schedule, scope, risk mitigation and contingency plans
- Oversee the tracking of strategic programme risks/issues/dependencies, assess the impact on the benefit realisation for the programme and take action to minimise impact
- Provide key inputs in the delivery of highly complex and critical change effort in accordance with existing industry best practices and methodologies in the process establishing credibility for the Transformation team
- Monitor and report on the programme and intervene when programmes go off track
- Provide timely updates for the delivery Director/Head of transformation to review the performance against Transformation objectives and identify future roadmap.
- Ensure all agreed costs, quality and delivery commitments to stakeholders by priority market teams are met
- Work with Delivery Director/Head of Transformation for Region/Market, Business/Function to get approval on budget
- Evaluate delivery quality of Transformation team using KPIs or surveys
- Proactively monitor areas of concern and risks within the priority market teams and provide recommendation to mitigate them to ensure SLAs of delivery are met
- Promote adherence to project/programme governance model and use of Transformation Management Services defined standards and tools for processes such as risk logs, change control and resource requests
- Act as a functional or line manager to Transformation Programme Managers
- Set the pace and operating rhythm, driving a culture of
- and operating rhythm, driving a culture of achievement and ensures pace by identifying and removing barriers to programme success.
- Demonstrate financial acumen to develop a Global business case, including investments, detailed benefits and link to overall finances of the business.
- Ensure Transformation teams follow Change Frameworks and best practices thus driving a common high performance approach
- Capture key learnings from each Programme and feed these back into Transformation Governance-Methods & Tools to improve methodologies and share best practice
- Ensure governance processes and decisions are applied consistently
- Manage, measure and track change impacts as a result of the programme
Knowledge and Experience:
- Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, values, behaviour's, processes and objectives
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment -regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Outstanding knowledge of Transformation and CTC functions-functionally, operationally and financially
- Strong knowledge of Global Standards / Compliance and Regulatory Issues
- Very strong knowledge of Change Framework and Agile methodologies
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Executives across the group
- Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural diverse work environments
- Strong analytical background and proven ability in analytical rigour, including being able to contextualise data into activities and conclusions
- Proven ability in successfully designing and implementing large-scale, complex global / regional change initiatives
- Evidence of successfully managing financial plans
- Successful experience in developing and retaining critical talent and building an effective leadership team
- Outstanding relationship management and influencing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex transformational initiatives
- Ability to leverage resources available to achieve goals
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills in order to cope with multiple large-scale responsibilities