Job title - Project Manager (HR)
Location - London, Canary Wharf/Remote
Rate - Up to £523 PAYE or Umbrella £671
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 6 months
Our financial services client Project Manager (HR) is currently a to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will initially be for 6 months.
The HR Project Manager actively oversees the execution phase delivery across the proposed outsourcing project (Project Genesis) for the Technology function in DBS. The role is accountable to the Programme Director for the HBEU Transformation, ensuring accurate and insightful inputs to the Regional Europe CIO.
The role holder will be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of the HR aspects of the project across a set of designated countries.
The project manager will plan, mobilise, and deliver from execution phase inception to closure. They act as a role model, demonstrating active leadership and communication. They are responsible for deploying the Global Transformation Programme Management framework and other Business Transformation Frameworks (BTF) within their programme and instilling good programme disciplines. The role holder has end to end responsibility for all aspects of the project, defining and planning the project, managing mobilisation, controlling execution, and managing implementation, change and benefits realisation. They work closely with the IT Programme Director & PMO Lead, to ensure alignment of their project with the wider HBEU Transformation Programme
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of transfer of undertaking legalisation across Europe and demonstration of application of that
- Ability to find optimal solutions to complex problems through innovation and careful application of strategic design principles
- Ability to bring analytical rigour to clarify poorly defined problems or poorly articulated solutions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders and demonstrates collaborative approach to getting tasks done.
- Strong communication skills - applicable through multiple channels (written, spoken, workshops, presentations)
- Excellent understanding of Transformation Delivery frameworks, methodologies, and best practice techniques.
- Strong understanding of banking and understanding of how Transformation drives benefits
- Understanding of the delivery organisations within a typical Bank- global mind-set, understanding of delivery partners etc.
- Demonstration of commerciality with strong financial acumen.
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors.
- Delivery of large-scale complex programmes at pace, developing high performing interchanging teams to support delivery at each stage.
- Strong stakeholder management, negotiation, and communication skills.
Prior experience in Transformation change, large scale change Programmes in a well-established and recognised service industry such as financial services.
- Ability to identify and implement the project management methodologies for executing complex projects, develop and deploy tools and templates to guide project management.
- Ability to develop project plans, establish clear success criteria/goals, assign clear accountabilities, and allocate resources.
- Ability to identify the risks associated with key projects and identify mitigating measures.
- Ability to track the progress of projects undertaken in the unit, and initiate corrective action where required.
- Transfer of undertaking capability
- In-depth understanding of managing complexities in a change scenario.
- In-depth understanding of the issues associated with resistance to change.
- Ability to identify and support change agents.
Ability to anticipate the issues and concerns and address them proactively to create support within and outside organisation to drive initiatives.
If you are relevant or interested, please contact me at