Project & Support Officer
We are seeking an organised, efficient and experienced project and support officer with fantastic communication skills to join Policy and Programmes at our councils. This is an exciting and key role in the service to support the planning policy team to provide strong, proactive and accurate project and administration support.
You’ll be at the forefront of and deliver first class customer service to both internal and external customers working closely with our customer service team.
This is a broad and varied role so you’ll need to work effectively and efficiently and prioritise work to achieve deadlines. You’ll need to have excellent communication skills, (written, face to face, on video conferencing and over the telephone).
In addition to the excellent administrative support, you’ll take on small projects e.g. organising events/forums/meetings with external stakeholders.
You’ll need to be highly proactive and have the ability to filter high volumes of information (sometimes sensitive and confidential) to identify and communicate key issues.
You will need to be calm under pressure and capable of thinking on your feet when dealing with fast changing prioritiesMain duties and responsibilities:
Support the delivery of a project management approach for the Joint Local Plan
Support the introduction and delivery of resource management within the service
Support the introduction and delivery of a consistent, clearly structured approach to storing electronic information in the service
Prepare accurate and customer focussed letters, reports and emails within corporate and service timescales
Carry out the full remit of administration duties e.g. diary management, arranging meetings, preparing for meetings, preparing minutes, preparing monthly reports for the cabinet members, dealing with sensitive and confidential matters, responding to customer queries
Assist with FOI requests and responses
Provide excellent customer service to customers
Using the council’s financial management system to carry out budget monitoring and process invoices, purchase orders as required. Have the ability to search the financial system for information and resolve any financial queries for the service
Work on specific or service wide projects to improve service delivery, performance or customer service
Be a Plain English champion for the service, proactively encouraging and fostering Plain English
Oversee and improve the planning policy pages of the council’s website and carry out website updates as required
Monitor customer satisfaction and publish responses on the website, keeping responses up to date
Regularly liaise with key contacts across the councilAbout you
Your essential skills, knowledge and experience
- advanced level MS Word and Excel
- at least two years in a customer focused office environment demonstrating strong customer service skills
- experience of managing and driving small projects
- excellent time management or prioritisation skills
- ability to carry out research and present a clear summary of findings
Your essential qualifications:
- educated to degree level or equivalent, or equivalent level of experience
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus:
- ‘A’ level or higher qualification in English language
- Plain English qualification
- proof reading experience
- a project management qualification
- experience of working in a political environment
- some knowledge of planning or building control services
Our vision and values are important to the councils and we expect you to support them and embed them in the way we work.The benefits we offer:
- A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Flexible working and annualised hours – a flexible approach to work that our employees love!
- Salary pay awards – most jobs give scope for a pay increase after six months or the following April (depending on your start date) and we also review salaries each April.
- A generous career average pension scheme which includes life insurance of three times your salary
- No car park costs as there’s ample free parking available
- The opportunity to purchase a bike through Cyclescheme (cheaper than directly through a store) so that you can cycle to work!
- A salary sacrifice car lease scheme – a fully inclusive driving package for a fixed monthly cost
- Various schemes to keep you healthy (reduced gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more)
- We give you two days per year to volunteer within the local community.
The role can be delivered on an agreed pattern of hybrid working, mostly home-based with hot desks available to book in AbingdonSalary:
Grade 5, £32,069 – £37,891Job Type:
2 Year Fixed Term ContractHours:
37 Hours per weekClosing Date:
12th June 2022Interview Date:
22nd June 2022
You may have experience of the following: Administrator, Project Support Officer, Admin Assistant, Local Authority, Customer Service, Project Support, Diary Management, Secretary, Team Administrator, Project Support Assistant, Administration, Project Management, Word, Excel, MS Project etc.
Ref: 132 938