An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client based in WetherbyWetherby. We are looking for a forward-thinking person with strong administrative skills and attention to detail, who can demonstrate our values such as integrity, collaboration, and a caring attitude, to join our team as a Purchase Ledger Clerk.
The role primarily involves the day to day processing supplier invoices and ensuring records relating to supplier accounts are reconciled and accurately recorded within the financial system of the company. The right individual will support the team leader to ensure a timely payment run and work within the team to achieve overall goals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure all invoices/credits are promptly recorded to the financial system, including to the correct ledger analysis code.
- Timely processing of supplier invoices to be paid by matching with valid completion documentation and resolving any items not matched with the Resource Scheduling team, ensuring utilisation of the query system.
- Regular supplier statement reconciliations to balances held on the purchase ledger. Resolve differences, obtain and process missing invoices and resolve payment queries if required.
- Working with the wider team to identify and improve processes, including technical based advancements.
- Support the other members of the team in processing invoices/credits if and when required.
- Complete other ad hochoc tasks as identified by the Team Leader to provide support to the finance function.
- Ensure appropriate archiving and storage of non-current documentation.
- Strong numerical and excel skills
- Good understanding of fundamental accounting concepts associated with accounts payable
- StongStong organisational and administrative skills
- Develop and articulate solutions
- Work as part of a team
- High level of autonomy
- Embraces and drives change
- Ensure internal KPI'sKPI's are adhered to and look at root cause where KPI'sKPI's are not met
- Ensure internal systems are accurate and kept up to date