6 month contract
My Client is looking for a Purchasing Assistant for a 6 month contract based in Cardiff.
To support the day to date running of the Indirect Sourcing function with a core responsibility of supporting the tendering process for on-site projects.
The key responsibilities of the Purchasing Assistant are:
- Support the tender process for on-site projects.
- Support the tender process for goods and services for new contract requirements and contract renewals as part of the sourcing operational plan.
- Support bench-marking projects of established Goods & Services.
- Supporting the Indirect Sourcing Lead at the Wales site for all areas of the department responsibilities.
- Supporting the wider UK Indirect Sourcing team when necessary.
- Managing procurement procedures, including assisting with full tender exercises, on behalf of the site's stakeholders and in compliance with the organisation's policies.
- Providing advice to internal stakeholders on the most appropriate procurement processes.
- Support Analysis of Contract compliance/Finance Reports
- Provide support and advice to stakeholders in line with procurement policy and practice
- Ad-hoc sourcing of Goods and Services.
- Monitoring /Maintaining supplier approval process.
- Monitoring spends against suppliers, contracts and accreditation database and providing general administration support for the tender process for contracts and contract renewals.
- Contract management and analysis for specific core contracts
- Provide administration support for Sourcing function.
- Support in the management of the contracts database.
- Analysis of purchase card spend - present back to Sourcing Leads the non-negotiated spend and target companies that either need to be set up with negotiated rates or directed to relevant pre negotiated catalogues, etc.
The successful Candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a procurement /purchasing role.
- Working towards CIPS or similar qualification (Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply).
- Good financial interpretation skills.
- Ability to use Excel to analyse data and figures in relation to supplier spend and compliance
- Microsoft Office /Excel, Word, Outlook, etc. to an advanced level. Skilled at use of the internet for research, sourcing, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
If you fee you would be suitable, please send in your CV