Job Title: Safeguarding Referrals Officer
Reports to: Safeguarding Manager
Location: Cardiff & Surrounding Areas
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role involves working from home to provide administrative support to the Safeguarding Manager and Regional Safeguarding Officers. You will act as a First Point of Contact (FPOC) for internal and external email referrals and telephone contacts.
- To ensure that all Inbound Referral Pathways are monitored, including email, Ellis and CBP.
- To ensure that all relevant information is shared with the CRH Safeguarding Manager and the Regional Safeguarding Officers.
- To ensure continuity of action in all Inbound SG Referrals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supporting the Safeguarding Manager and Regional Safeguarding Officers
- To manage the CRH safeguarding referrals inbox.
- To input all new SG Referrals into IATRANS / CCMS
- To acknowledge (by appropriate means) all new Inbound SG Referrals, including immediate actions taken within KPI timescales
- To compile SG reports as required by the Safeguarding Manager to best support internal and external SG teams.
- To assist the Safeguarding Manager in the management of serious and untoward incidents.
- To collate relevant information held by CRH and submit a CRH SG case note to the relevant Regional Safeguarding Officer
- Administration of the CRH Safeguarding team, ensuring all records are maintained in line with company procedure
- To provide cover when necessary and requested.
- Liaise regularly with the CRH Safeguarding Manager and SG team members
- Support colleagues across the service
- Helping/providing cover for other team members as required
- Attending SG team and other staff meetings as required
- Supporting new team members and provide on-the-job training
- 24-hour availability during any significant emergency (Serious and Untoward Incidents)
Communication and Liaison
- Keep up to date with all written and verbal communications (i.e., emails/messages/calls)
- Ensure all records are maintained and kept up to date according to company policies and procedures
- Assist in the local stakeholder involvement process by attending meetings as required by the Safeguarding Manager.
- Liaise with local support agencies to ensure relationships are maintained
Training and development
- Monitor own work levels, progress, and development
- Undertake all core training and development programmes as required
- Undertake relevant learning according to agreed Personal Development Plan
- To support CRH Safeguarding Champions in the performance of their duties
- Be responsible for own learning and development
- Follow company policies and procedures as laid out in the staff handbook
Meeting key performance targets
- Work toward own and team performance objectives
- Learn, understand, and operate within contractual guidelines and service requirements
Any other duties within the scope of responsibility and ability, as required, inclusive of providing similar support to any other local company project.
- 28 days after a full holiday year and 25 days after 2ndholiday year annual leave allowance per year (inc. bank holidays). Increasing from the standard 20 day to 23
- Life Cover (2 x basic salary)
- 3-month probation period
- Employer pension contribution (4% employer, 4% employee)
- Laptop/Phone/other equipment if required as part of job role
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual optical examination
- Referral Scheme