Are you a Registered Manager who understands the challenges young people face in day to day life? Do you have previous Management experience? Do you like the idea of working for a business who offer therapeutic and non-restraint support to young people?
Care in Mind provide residential services for young people aged 16-30 years old who have been discharged from psychiatric inpatient stays or may have experienced previous admissions and/or placement breakdowns. The young people we care for often require a high level of support and dynamic approach to risk management in order to support problems they may have with self-harming, behaviour and emotional regulation. Our aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic, least restrictive approach to live in a non-secure community setting and to achieve their individual goals in preparation for transition to adult life.
We are excited to announce the opening of our new Residential Service based in Lostock, Bolton, where we are looking for a kind, caring and empathetic Registered Manager to join our professional 5-bed service, where you will have the overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of the residential home for young people/young adults with mental health needs/eating disorders, encouraging them to maintain independence and achieve their recovery goals. You will play a key part in developing this new service and will have the opportunity to utilise and develop your skills to make this an outstanding service.
You will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday whilst supporting an On Call rota alongside other Registered Managers.Company Benefits
Your role as Registered Manager
- A £1000 welcome bonus to all new starters
- A £100 bonus after completing 6-month probation
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £1000 per referral)
- 35 days holiday (Rising to 39 days holiday plus bank holidays with service)
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care)
- Healthcare CashPlan with costs provided towards dental and optical care and a range of other healthcare treatments and benefits including discounted gym memberships, online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- Paid Training & Induction
- Enhanced company pension
- Life Assurance (2 x annual salary)
- Free parking available and good direct transport links
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme/24-hour Counselling Service
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (Employee of the year awards, Summer & Christmas parties)
Requirements of Registered Manager
- To facilitate the young people in achieving and retaining as much independent control over their lives as appropriate working alongside the mental health recovery star.
- To work in conjunction with the Clinical Team completing CQC regulated activities, ensuring that all required notifications are completed in a timely manner, requirements are adhered to and legislation is upheld.
- To retain overall responsibility for the general day – to – day running of the home including the standards of both national and local regulations, ensuring the maintenance of high quality of care.
- To monitor the effective running of the home ensuring all legislations and regulations concerning the Health and Social Care Act, environmental health, infection control, building control, planning, fire checks and Health & Safety are met and all risk assessments are regularly carried out to meet the high standard expected in our Residential services.
- To take a lead role with regards to the Safeguarding of the service. To ensure that the safeguarding databases and records are maintained accurately and as per company policy.
- To maintain all legal and statutory records, displaying the relevant certificates in relation to the service. This includes liability insurance, CIM Registration Certificate and Inspection Grading Certificate.
- To deal with all staffing requirements for the service and be responsible for the recruitment of suitable employees to work within the team. To work towards the Staffing Model, ensuring that you recruit the correct amount of staff in each discipline.
- To work with People Services in relation to employee relations concerns and when conducting any fact finds, formal investigations ensuring reports are presented to a high standard.
- To manage work leave requests, annual leave allowances and absence management ensuring review meetings are conducted when staff meet the prescribed triggers.
Desirable Criteria of a Registered Manager
- Full UK Driving Licence & access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Excellent understanding of mental health and eating disorders and the issues young people face
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with working with the CQC or Ofsted
- Previous experience of leading and managing a staff team to achieve highest possible standards for the service, staff and young people
- The ability to work collaboratively with a wider multi-disciplinary team (both internal and external)
Fancy the challenge? Apply with us today!Want to see what some of our young people and staff think? Please visit our website.Additional Information
- Level 5 qualification in management or health and social care
- You will work in a COVID secure environment as all our staff are required to be fully vaccinated by 11th November 2021.
- Please note that we do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.
- Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
- We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.
Ref: 104 338