Registered ManagerJoin before 30th September 2021 to receive a bonus of £500
Are you a resilient and empowering Registered Manager with a proven track record of managing Young Peoples Services? Do you hold a Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3 qualification and have 2 years recent experience working as a CQC or Ofsted Residential/Registered Manager?
Do you like the idea of working for an organisation with a genuine passion in supporting Young People back in to a community setting?
Care in Mind provide residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old who have been discharged from psychiatric inpatient stays or may have experienced previous admissions and/or placement breakdowns. The young people we care for often require a high level of support and dynamic approach to risk management in order to support problems they may have with self-harming, behaviour and emotional regulation. Our aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic, least restrictive approach to live in a non-secure community setting and to achieve their individual goals in preparation for transition to adult life.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Manager to join our friendly and professional team where you will be responsible for leading and supporting a residential staff team, taking overall responsibility for the day – to – day management of a 4/5 bed residential home for young people with complex mental health needs and behaviours that challenge.
You will work over a 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday whilst supporting an On Call rota alongside other Registered Managers.Company Benefits
As a Registered Manager you will:
- Competitive salary - £28,770.62 - £40,105.83 (Dependant on experience)
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (Rising to 31 days holiday plus bank holidays with service)
- Enhanced company pension
- Enhanced sick pay
- Death in Service (3x annual salary)
- Paid Induction
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Free on-site parking
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Access to our 24-hour Wellbeing Support Portal/ Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Cashplan with costs provided towards dental and optical care and a range of other healthcare treatments and benefits including discounted gym memberships
- Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- Excellent Learning and Development (Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management)
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £500 per referral)
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
As a Registered Manager you will:
- Monitor and maintain the effective running of the home whilst collaborating with the Clinical Team ensuring effective and robust relationships are built and maintained.
- Take a lead Safeguarding role within the service to ensure the safeguarding databases and records are maintained accurately and as per company policy.
- Oversee and empower the staff to effectively support the Young people, ensuring their physical, social, psychological, intellectual, and spiritual needs are met.
- Empower the staff team to manage incidents effectively and safely, offering guidance and debriefs post incident.
- Ensure the staff team are liaising effectively with the relevant GP’s, CCG, Community Mental Health Services, CIM clinical team with regards to the welfare of the individual young person.
- Ensure that all the medication needs of the young people are met, Medication Management Plans are completed accurately, are understood by all staff, and adhered to.
- Ensure that prescribed medication is ordered in a timely manner and regular stock checks are completed in order to support effective stock management of all medications.
- Ensure effective recruitment of suitable and skilled employees to work within the team.
- Conduct a number of other duties as outlined in the Job Description.
- Have a full, clean, UK Driving Licence & access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Have experience in working within a residential home
- Have 2 years recent experience working as a CQC or Ofsted Residential/Registered Manager
- Must hold the Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3 qualification and be able to demonstrate a commitment towards continued professional development
- Have excellent understanding of mental health and the issues young people face
- Have experience controlling and managing budgets
- Have skills in the recruitment, selection and retention of staff
- Have previous experience in writing detailed reports
Level 5 qualification in management or health and social care
If you are interested in joining an enthusiastic, motivated business who thrive in developing and rebuilding young people and young adults with complex difficulties then please apply today.Please note that we do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.To support our commitment as a COVID-19 Secure employer, all of our interviews will be held over video platform.Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.Care in Mind is a CQC registered organisation and therefore all staff who work in or visit any of our residential homes will have to demonstrate evidence that they have received the COVID vaccination as a condition of employment.
Ref: 102 623