Registered Manager - Young PeopleRegistered Manager, Young PeopleNeston, WirralSalary - CompetitiveCompetitive re-location package if required.£1000 welcome bonus
Care in Mind provide residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old. The young people we care for often require a high level of support to assist with difficulties they may have from self-harming, behaviour, and emotional difficulties. Our aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic approach to help them achieve their individual goals, in preparation for transition to adult life.
At Care in Mind our homes are always a hub of activity and energy where the young people can feel safe, and our staff enjoy coming to work. As a Registered Manager you will lead in supporting a residential staff team, taking overall responsibility for the day – to – day management of a 4/5 bed residential home for young people with complex mental health needs and behaviours that challenge. You duties will include;
- Monitoring and maintaining the effective running of the home whilst collaborating closely with the Clinical Team ensuring effective and robust relationships are built and maintained.
- Taking a lead Safeguarding role within the service to ensure the safeguarding databases and records are maintained accurately and as per company policy.
- Maintaining registration with the CQC and be legally responsible for ensuring the home complies with CQC requirements, the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) and associated legislations. To take the lead with inspections of the service.
- Overseeing and empowering the staff to effectively support the young people, ensuring their physical, social, psychological, intellectual, and spiritual needs are met.
- Empowering the staff team to manage incidents effectively and safely, offering guidance and debriefs post incident.
- Ensuring the staff team are liaising effectively with the relevant GP’s, CCG, Community Mental Health Services, CIM clinical team with regards to the welfare of the individual young person.
- Ensuring that all the medication needs of the young people are met, Medication Management Plans are completed accurately, are understood by all staff, and adhered to.
- Ensure effective recruitment of suitable and skilled employees to work within the team.
You will work over a 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday whilst supporting an On Call rota alongside other Registered Managers.
The job is highly rewarding and an excellent opportunity for an experienced Deputy Manager to develop their career further.Company Benefits
Essential requirements of a Registered Manager
- A £1000 welcome bonus to all new starters
- A £100 bonus after completing 6-month probation
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £1000 per referral)
- 35 days holiday (Rising to 39 days holiday plus bank holidays with service)
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care)
- Healthcare CashPlan with costs provided towards dental and optical care and a range of other healthcare treatments and benefits including discounted gym memberships, online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- Paid Training & Induction
- Enhanced company pension
- Life Assurance (2 x annual salary)
- Free parking available and good direct transport links
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme/24-hour Counselling Service
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (Employee of the year awards, Summer & Christmas parties)
Desirable Criteria of a Registered Manager
- Full, clean, UK Driving Licence & access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Previous experience in working within a residential home
- 2 years recent experience working as a CQC or Ofsted Residential/Registered Manager
- Must hold the Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3 qualification and be able to demonstrate a commitment towards continued professional development
- Have excellent understanding of mental health and the issues young people face
- Experience controlling and managing budgets
- Skills in the recruitment, selection and retention of staff
- Previous experience in writing detailed reports
Fancy the challenge? Apply with us today!Want to see what some of our young people and staff think? Please visit our website.Additional Information
- Level 5 qualification in management or health and social care
- You will work in a COVID secure environment as all our staff are required to be fully vaccinated by 11th November 2021.
- Please note that we do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.
- Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
- We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.
Ref: 103 453